How easily do DVLA give out your details to other drivers?

Soldato
OP
I agree, you can't live your life worrying over events such as these. I'm sure the other people haven't given it a single thought since and they only tried to intimidate you. By continuing to worry about it days after the event you are letting them win.
I understand where your coming from but it’s easy to say that when it’s not you in the situation. You didn’t see these guys they where steroid inflated meat heads who looked really dodgy. They could have easily got out and got me if they wanted to but it’s the fact he casually lent out the window took a picture of my reg then sped off like they plan on doing something at a later date when there’s no cameras.

Man of Honour
:( I’ve got no chance of getting there reg then have I if they will all be blurred out apart from mine even if it is seen following me into the car park. And if they do something at a later date and the police get involved then there will be no footage still available to view as most places only keep footage for a few weeks don’t they.
To be honest, is unlikely to be useful in a police investigation anyway.

Soldato
I understand where your coming from but it’s easy to say that when it’s not you in the situation. You didn’t see these guys they where steroid inflated meat heads who looked really dodgy. They could have easily got out and got me if they wanted to but it’s the fact he casually lent out the window took a picture of my reg then sped off like they plan on doing something at a later date when there’s no cameras.

If they're the kind of guys that you describe then they would have done exactly that. They obviously wanted to mess with your head and they're doing just that. Besides, what sort of crime has been committed here? A bit of idiocy on the roads? It doesn't matter. If they come to your house and attempt to do some damage, call the police. Apart from that, move on with your life - I'm sure they have with theirs.

Soldato

He's half-right, they were SPA (and ex-SPA) board members, not just random mates.

it's not irrelevant as it shows you that there are bent coppers out there who will look up dvla for them if need be. if they are high up nobody will question or bat an eye lid

It would probably be easier and cheaper to compromise someone at the DVLA, if that's what they really wanted. Nobody's giving an ACC backhanders for some on-the-sly PNC checks.

Associate
I’m in a similar situation to the OP but in my case my car was vandalised. I made a note of the reg of a car parked next to me. I had overheard racial insults directed at me so had a feeling something would happen. Got back to my car after and both left side tyres had been slashed. Witnesses saw one of them exit the car, go and crouch down on the left side of my car, get in his then they drove off. Police not interested and doing nothing. I’m obviously keen to find the address of the car owner. Anyone else been in this sort of situation as I’d appreciate your advice.

Cheers

Soldato
I’m in a similar situation to the OP but in my case my car was vandalised. I made a note of the reg of a car parked next to me. I had overheard racial insults directed at me so had a feeling something would happen. Got back to my car after and both left side tyres had been slashed. Witnesses saw one of them exit the car, go and crouch down on the left side of my car, get in his then they drove off. Police not interested and doing nothing. I’m obviously keen to find the address of the car owner. Anyone else been in this sort of situation as I’d appreciate your advice.

Cheers
What's obvious about your keenness to get their address, out of interest? You gonna duff them up?

Underboss

Cheers

out of interest, have you got a dashcam ?
do you have any hard evidence ?

police wont do anything without evidence

what did you do to them to make racial attack against you ?

Soldato
nothing it was 2 absolute chavs who tried to cut in from the wrong lane and i didnt allow them ensue tailgating and shouting then i got through the lights and into the supermarket car park and they had followed me in a few mins later took a picture of the back of my car for the reg and sped off. i presume i cannot request cctv from the supermarket based on an assumption? and the police will not be bothered? is it worth logging a complaint with them? i dont have there reg though but know the time and car model.

You’re obviously someone who worries a lot about this kind of thing, so why didn’t you just let them in? If they’re trying to cut in from the wrong lane to begin with, it’s not like they’re going to react positively when you try to block them is it?

I see so many of these kinds of situations every day which all could have been avoided if the driver with the right of way just stayed at a constant speed or lifted off a bit, instead of going out of their way to block the other driver.

Permabanned
You’re obviously someone who worries a lot about this kind of thing, so why didn’t you just let them in? If they’re trying to cut in from the wrong lane to begin with, it’s not like they’re going to react positively when you try to block them is it?

I see so many of these kinds of situations every day which all could have been avoided if the driver with the right of way just stayed at a constant speed or lifted off a bit, instead of going out of their way to block the other driver.

his comment was made well over a year ago, have you just been let out ?

Associate
out of interest, have you got a dashcam ?
do you have any hard evidence ?

police wont do anything without evidence

what did you do to them to make racial attack against you ?

No Dashcam unfortunately so fair enough regards the Police I guess. But the bare facts are, I overheard comments such as “Dirty ****” and “State of his car”, strange comments to make as no other cars were present. Returned twenty minutes later to find both tyres blowing air and two puncture marks on the tyre walls. Two eye witnesses stating that the car reversed from one side of my car to the other, picked up the one acting suspiciously where the damage was caused, and speeding off. Or it could all be coincidence of course.

What did I do to provoke it? Have Italian parentage and park in the same car park

Associate
to the op i wouldnt bother too much, if they do get your address what could they do ? your nieghbours could have cctv or you may. it was more likely scare tactics , ive been there gets you rattled for a while but it passes, maybe at worse they get some false plates knocked up and run some cameras :)

Back
Top Bottom