Perfect Blinds - Fitting around vents and handles?

Soldato
Hi

I saw someone post something up about using perfect blinds as a hassle free, drill free solution. I am very interested in buying these for the bathroom (as whoever owned the house before didn't put frosted glass in) and currently has horrible black plasticy blinds which cling to dust and just look awful.

I also need some in the office as curtains just cause mayhem with the backs of my screens etc.

What I need to know is will they fit where my window handles and vents are? Where is best place to get them.

pics below

Man of Honour
Yes they will fit, you get 4 or more metal clips which slide between the glass and the rubber and then the blind frame mounts onto this.

Man of Honour
My office Window with them fitted.

IMG-3228.jpg

IMG-3229.jpg

Soldato
OP
I've watched a few videos now on Youtube and still none the wiser.

So I measured the office windows and would this be ok??

handle window - office

top width 40.8cm
middle width 40.7cm
bottom width 40.8cm
left length 75.0cm
middle length 75.0cm
right length 75.0cm
depth 1.8cm
handle to glass 2.5cm
handle to facia 1.2cm

non-handle window - office

top width 59.0cm
middle width 59.0cm
bottom width 59.1cm
left length 84.0cm
middle length 84.0cm
right length 84.0cm
depth 1.8cm

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got the 'intu' ones and they have a smaller profile thingy on the sides. You can see my windows here do not have much room either side but the blinds still work without issue.

BfTbTogh.jpg

Skip in to about 2 mins of this video and you can see it installed:

Soldato
Perhaps a better picture of the runner (where the red arrow points). This is clipped in by a small white clip which you can see just above my red (about 2 louvres up).

gci7DClh.jpg

Soldato
Yeah they were not cheap. About £310 fitted for the 3 gold ones in my master bedroom. They been installed for 3 years next month. In the grand scheme of house costs its a drop in the ocean.

Soldato
The intu ones, definitely not, they have a lot of light bleed around them. The 'perfect fit' ones that ChrisD has looks like they would do a better job at that but you will still get light bleed through the holes where the strings run though.

Man of Honour
The intu ones, definitely not, they have a lot of light bleed around them. The 'perfect fit' ones that ChrisD has looks like they would do a better job at that but you will still get light bleed through the holes where the strings run though.
Yeah they let direct sunlight through, not a huge amount but enough to annoy me as my current office is south facing.

Soldato
OP
Hey all

I am back again, so just wondering with these perfect blinds, the cheapest ones are the venetian blinds which are aluminium. These would be dust magnets I presume and given they are narrow would probably not be a good idea to get. I have seen these ones mentioned "Perfect Fit Honeycomb Blackout" and these are all connected as one, I presume then when cleaning you can just go over them with a light hoover attachment.

edit: just noticed this website do Neat Fit blinds which are cheaper and they dont need the frame, just in the visible glass area. This is fine as light bleed isn't really an issue as for bathroom and office.

Last edited:
Associate
We've got a total of 4 of the Perfect Fit honeycomb blinds on two sets of French doors. Easy enough to vacuum but a bit more delicate if you want to wipe them down.

Soldato
I got mine from a local store , they came and measured then fitted them and it was the same price as online

maybe worth a check then if there’s any measurement issues you won’t be responsible heh

Associate
I've been looking at these for our new loft dormer windows as the recess depth isn't that much.

I'm struggling to get a knife in-between the gasket rubber and the glass so not sure how the frame system would fit. Anyone else have this issue but got them fitted?

The handle is also close so might need to look at the click or neat fit option that has frame above and below only.

The local prices are dearer than online so not sure chap above got it same price. Might need to ring around.

Back
Top Bottom