**** Apple Event "Spring loaded" - 20th April 2021 @ 18:00 UK time ****

Soldato
yeah makes sense, align lighter products on M1, then have doubled up M1X/Z for the Pro stuff. 2 chips to make instead of all the different stuff they where doing before

Soldato
I’m shocked at the price, thought it would cost a lot more. Anyone looking to get a macbook should seriously consider one of these first. The display is what you look at and it’s far better than any macbook offering.

Soldato
yeah makes sense, align lighter products on M1, then have doubled up M1X/Z for the Pro stuff. 2 chips to make instead of all the different stuff they where doing before

Yeah. They clearly didn't want to make other variants of the Firestorn/Icestorn cores besides A14 and M1, so they're sticking to what they had. In fall I'd expect them to release A15/M2 products and M2X stuff for the bigger stuff.

Soldato
How so? By design it must have worse black reproduction.

MicroLED is self-emitting, so it doesn't have worse black reproduction. But there are no MicroLED products in the market, and won't be for the next few years, so right now OLED is the gold standard for black reproduction.

Colour accuracy, durability, viewing angle, colour space coverage, etc, OLEDs are still not there yet, and they may never be with MicroLED coming in the next few years.

Soldato
No chance they're going for parity with £1 = $1.40. It will likely be 15% lower in GBP, e.g. £949 for iPad Pro.

I think your kidding yourself, Apple will sell parity, especially with a broken UK economy and terrible political situation - it will be £1099 here, MAYBE £1049...........never under 1k though

Soldato
MicroLED is self-emitting, so it doesn't have worse black reproduction. But there are no MicroLED products in the market, and won't be for the next few years, so right now OLED is the gold standard for black reproduction.

Colour accuracy, durability, viewing angle, colour space coverage, etc, OLEDs are still not there yet, and they may never be with MicroLED coming in the next few years.

It's not MicroLED... it's Mini LED, which is not self-emitting.

I'm not sure why MicroLED has been mentioned, I was asking why Mini LED is better than OLED, except for brightness?

Back
Top Bottom