The New European Super (borefest) League

Associate
Interesting all this knee jerk talk of banning this and stopping players doing that - I wonder where sporting bodies and indeed Governments stand legally in attempting to prevent clubs and players from carrying out their trade.

i note a Spanish court has just issued a preliminary ruling - preventing any banning action taking place.

Probably wont get that far before this league idea fizzles out to nothing but could get very messy if they decide to go the legal route.

Soldato
What do you think the end game is??
I think the clubs have had enough of fighting UEFA for transparency so are taking this extreme action to basically replace UEFA.

With Chelsea I can see this being the reason Roman pulled the plug on the new stadium and maybe we will move to get a ground to fit the standing of all the other clubs involved.

Associate
I think the clubs have had enough of fighting UEFA for transparency so are taking this extreme action to basically replace UEFA.

With Chelsea I can see this being the reason Roman pulled the plug on the new stadium and maybe we will move to get a ground to fit the standing of all the other clubs involved.

As much as i would love to see the back of UEFA and FIFA is this just not going to create another monster ?

Soldato
Funny Chelsea are now withdrawing after uefa is supposedly giving more money out.

All clubs need to withdraw but I don't think this will just be forgotten about like other mistakes owners sometimes do

Man of Honour
Shorter matches!

They’ve gone completely ******* balmy!
No issue (in principle) with this from me; I've long felt 30min halves with clock stopping is preferable to the random injury time generator we get (or more commonly in Europe just too little added time, refs blowing up at 93:00 when there was 3 mins of added time and further stoppages during that time etc)

Even elite professionals can't maintain full intensity for 90mins plus stoppages, so arguably if they shortened matches we could see more intensity (although sometimes having tired players can make games more exciting...).

Back
Top Bottom