*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Yeah they sorted out some issues with tinny sound, bass problems and also added multi-channel LPCM and DTS now gets converted to 7.1 LPCM.

Soldato
I've got the disk ripped into an MKV so get the full Dolby Atmos - True HD. Was getting hounded for all the disks laying around and player packed in not long ago, so ended up ripping them all and now use Plex with Nvidia shield. Would have gone for the ps5 option, but not even the player side can do Atmos / vision :/

Associate
Has anyone tried linking the Ikea units into their SONOS system yet?

My old Connect:AMP is getting very long in the tooth, and I'd rather not shell out quite so much on a replacement. Will be a shame to loose the bookshelf speakers, but I do find the simplicity of the stand alone units rather appealing

Soldato
Has anyone tried linking the Ikea units into their SONOS system yet?

My old Connect:AMP is getting very long in the tooth, and I'd rather not shell out quite so much on a replacement. Will be a shame to loose the bookshelf speakers, but I do find the simplicity of the stand alone units rather appealing

My friend has them hooked up to a beam in his living room and it works really well. Decent considering the price

Associate
Link in what sense?

They should add fine, can even use them as rears alongside the playbar / arc if you wish.

My friend has them hooked up to a beam in his living room and it works really well. Decent considering the price

Great, thanks chaps. I just wasn't sure if they properly integrated with a current Sonos system, or whether they make their own thing.

Yes, the price is really rather good on them. Especially nice in smaller areas, as they double up as a light or whatever

Man of Honour
The Roam has arrived, sadly I can't try it out as it's a gift for my mrs.

On another note, my Move keeps dropping off the Sonos app. I have to factory reset it to get it back and then it'll do it again. Alexa remains connected to the internet as I can talk to her and ask her to play music etc.

I'm on chat with Sonos support now and they're asking me to move it closer to my Access Point. Give me strength.

Soldato
Is a factory reset the only thing that'll get it to show up again? On an older firmware one of mine would occasionally drop off and I'd switch it to bluetooth mode then back to wifi and it'd show up again. I haven't got a voice assistant setup on ours but I'm fairly sure my WiFi controller still showed the unit as connected.

Man of Honour
Is a factory reset the only thing that'll get it to show up again? On an older firmware one of mine would occasionally drop off and I'd switch it to bluetooth mode then back to wifi and it'd show up again. I haven't got a voice assistant setup on ours but I'm fairly sure my WiFi controller still showed the unit as connected.
I've never actually tried that and it's worked, I can now see it in the app. I'll be annoyed if I keep having to do that though, shoddy firmware I think.

Soldato
Looking forward to all the Roam impressions. Rather tempted myself

I've been having lots of issues with my Sonos set up recently. The app would never find my speakers. I've since plugged in the Arc via ethernet and it's been rock solid since. Not really a solution for the Move though

Back
Top Bottom