**** Apple Event "Spring loaded" - 20th April 2021 @ 18:00 UK time ****

Don
So, looking at the specs, it seems it's only the 12.9" that has the mini LED display. The 11" is only listed as Liquid Retina and they don't mention anything about local dimming. Brightness is only 600nits for the 11" vs 1000/1600nits of the 12.9

Soldato
So, looking at the specs, it seems it's only the 12.9" that has the mini LED display. The 11" is only listed as Liquid Retina and they don't mention anything about local dimming. Brightness is only 600nits for the 11" vs 1000/1600nits of the 12.9

Looks that way, it seems like a standard now where the bigger/more expensive devices get exclusive features initially.

Soldato
for years now the iPad has been effectively crippled by the OS. Any opening up of it would be welcomed. Still can't even just drag and drop music on IOS/IPAD os devices. It's beyond daft. As such my iPad Pro has spent most of its life living in a draw.
Agree. Why they put such powerful hardware running such a simplistic and archaic OS is baffling. It could run macos but for reasons it doesn't.
That being said I still use my 2018 iPad pro daily and do like it ... But it could be so much more!

Soldato
The 12.9 iPad Pro now contains clearly better hardware than the two M1 MacBooks and with the right keyboard it could double as a laptop.

I wonder if Apple will therefore bring more MacOS to the iPad or keep the iPad line completely separate by improving the MacBooks whenever they’re ready to do so.

Man of Honour
The 12.9 iPad Pro now contains clearly better hardware than the two M1 MacBooks and with the right keyboard it could double as a laptop.

I wonder if Apple will therefore bring more MacOS to the iPad or keep the iPad line completely separate by improving the MacBooks whenever they’re ready to do so.

If anything they seem to have been going the other way by brining iOS app integration into MacOS devices.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Final Cut, etc announced for iPad at WWDC in June because based on current functionality in iPadOS the tech specs seem like total overkill.

I'm not sure about any MacOS setup though, it wouldn't be very Apple to give all that functionality to the iPad when they can make you buy a Macbook too'

Back
Top Bottom