Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Because they know it's all going to get overturned on appeal.

Hmm didn't you say he'd be found not guilty? The amount of legal experts in this thread who said no way he could be found guilty :rolleyes:

I expect many many officers will be handing in their badges and guns today.

Or they won't. Considering how many offered to testify against him I don't think they give a damn about him.

Caporegime
OP
Was always going to be guilty on all charges, im surprised anyone is surprised.

Then you haven't been following - they didn't even charge him with 2nd degree initially and the local prosecutor thought it was going to be a hard-to prosecute trial, it got rather political though and plenty of resources thrown at it etc..

Soldato
Absolute joke of a verdict and a joke of a trial. This wasn't about justice, this was a cynical ploy to avoid riots. How could the jury deliberate correctly when they know damn well that if they'd have come back with the correct verdict, not guilty on all counts, that buildings will burn, people will die and they themselves would become targets for the usual mob?

Hope they appeal and it gets overturned.

Caporegime
Then you haven't been following - they didn't even charge him with 2nd degree initially and the local prosecutor thought it was going to be a hard-to prosecute trial, it got rather political though and plenty of resources thrown at it etc..

I didn't need to follow it, the decision was made before the trial began.

I did watch the jury selection and knew it was a waste of time watching the trial. They were never going to find anyone truly impartial, everyone had seen the video before hand.

Caporegime
OP
Or they won't. Considering how many offered to testify against him I don't think they give a damn about him.

Given that the ones testifying were rather senior and a whole bunch have already resigned from that department then I'm not sure this is going to cause that trend to reverse!

Caporegime
Absolute joke of a verdict and a joke of a trial. This wasn't about justice, this was a cynical ploy to avoid riots. How could the jury deliberate correctly when they know damn well that if they'd have come back with the correct verdict, not guilty on all counts, that buildings will burn, people will die and they themselves would become targets for the usual mob?

If they just wanted to avoid that, then a hung jury mistrial would save these jurists from having to deal with that.

Then again there's a lot of pressure involved here and maybe self-preservation was harder to conclude than just ending the trial faster.

Soldato

Let me guess, you only believe in the justice system when it gives out results you agree with? I've really loved reading the armchair lawyer analysis on OCUK the last few weeks. Keep the entertaining posts coming.

Soldato
Vaguely surprised and yet not. Having heard so much evidence about the drugs and acknowledgements that the knee wasn’t on the neck but the shoulder. I had difficulty imagining murder beyond all reasonable doubt. I easily imagined manslaughter by virtue of negligence. So intellectually I thought there was a decent amount of doubt, but in my bones I’m not surprised.

Soldato
Vaguely surprised and yet not. Having heard so much evidence about the drugs and acknowledgements that the knee wasn’t on the neck but the shoulder. I had difficulty imagining murder beyond all reasonable doubt. I easily imagined manslaughter by virtue of negligence. So intellectually I thought there was a decent amount of doubt, but in my bones I’m not surprised.

There was far too much doubt. If he really wanted to murder him, he could have just shot him when he got out of the car and claimed he thought he had a weapon.

Soldato
Justice prevails.

Something done right in America for a change.

A verdict that the president and multiple other leading democrat politicians called for in advance of a Jury returning is 'Justice' and 'Something done right'

At least there's something consistent about your lot - how utterly shameless and lacking in self awareness you are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom