*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Mobster
Soldato
I am convinced this is a bug with some process occurring overnight.

During the day, no battery drain at all, my iPhone 12 Pro sat on 100% for 6 hours without draining at all - on standby. Overnight, drained 6%. Only difference is day vs night. It's not a cellular issue as I was on Airplane Mode the entire time.

Something for Apple to fix, I think.

Soldato
Is there any places that people recommend to buy phone parts from? Looking at my battery health today its now dropped to 67%. Seems to have dropped 6% since the 30th of March as it was 73% then.

I do have a replacement phone coming but curious on how much a new battery would be for it as may pass it to my son.

Commissario
If you buy a battery from eBay or any other supplier who isn’t Apple, you're not getting Apple parts. That's not the end of the world but if you break it or damage the phone while you swap it, the phone is toast.
If you pay Apple to do it, not only do you get genuine parts, if they break it while they're swapping it, they replace the phone. For me, it's about the peace of mind.

And with a real Apple battery, there's less chance of it going titsup after a couple of months with no comeback.

Soldato
Cheers guys, it will have to wait then as I cannot go out anytime soon due to all this going on and not being offered my jab yet (nor has the other half)

I have already opened the phone up about a year ago, replaced the screen and glass front etc so unsure if Apple will touch it due to that.

Commissario
Any battery you buy will be an unknown quantity, it doesn't matter what they claim about having genuine Apple parts because they're all telling porkies as only Apple have genuine Apple parts.

Man of Honour
Any battery you buy will be an unknown quantity, it doesn't matter what they claim about having genuine Apple parts because they're all telling porkies as only Apple have genuine Apple parts.
The amount of people that don't or refuse to believe this is funny, especially on local Facebook groups where 'Karen' posts asking about her iPhone battery and big Steve from AppleRepairzRUs comes along and quotes £40 for a genuine Apple battery replacement. If you try and point out that Apple don't supply parts to anyone they get very funny about it and completely deny it. I also doubt that a local phone shop is going to be able to get an Apple part from their OEM supplier as Apple will hold them over a barrel for any of their specific parts.

Soldato
Grrr, I've got the 14.5 RC IPSW for my XS, but Apple haven't released the Finder update yet so Finder can't install it :p it needs either 11.3 or just a Finder update. The Finder update has typically been out the next day, so I should be able to install in the morning.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Why can’t you download via handset?

On a separate note, how does this tracking protection work?
Is it ‘active’ yet or not as I’ve run the beta since 14.5 started and haven’t had a single notification pop up.

Soldato
Why can’t you download via handset?

On a separate note, how does this tracking protection work?
Is it ‘active’ yet or not as I’ve run the beta since 14.5 started and haven’t had a single notification pop up.

I don't have a dev or beta profile to go on my device (and don't want). I always download the RC and get it installed as soon as possible, which still generally gives me new versions, including the major releases, a week or two before the mad rush.

Soldato
Grrr, looks like Apple won't release the update for 11.2 to let it install 14.5 until closer to official release as it's still not available to download. Oh well!

Soldato
Save starting a thread, I have a question about the wallet and contactless payments using iPhone. Does the card I store on the iPhone need to be a contactless card in the first place, or can I store a non contactless card on phone and it will work?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom