Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Again you're mistaken. I didn't use the words "defund the police" at all.

I said that multiple commentators had talked about the idea of "abolishing the police" gaining traction. I (correctly) stated that this had been mentioned multiple times on BBC News programmes.

I never mentioned looting and you're just flinging crap around in the hope that something might stick.

Maybe you might make one post where you get your fact straight, but I'm not holding my breath.
Ok ok I just recall you taking the micky of defund the police, perhaps I inferred correctly and you are pro defund the police - which means reform by tackling the police union contracts.

Soldato
If you need to kneel on someones neck for 9 minutes when he has already been handcuffed behind his back then maybe you don't have what it takes to be a good cop :rolleyes:
But hey, you carry on being an apologist for a violent scummy cop who clearly has zero respect for human life :mad:

I guess you missed the well shown evidence that DC was actually kneeling on his left shoulder blade and not his neck.

Of course you didn't but it doesn't fit your myopic narrative now does it?

Soldato
You are going to have a hard time convincing a lot of people that leading Democrats are not at least as ridiculous as the last guy was ...

Thank you George Floyd for sacrificing your life for justice, for being there to call out to your mom — how heartbreaking was that? — call out for your mom, ‘I can’t breathe,'” Pelosi said at a press conference with the Congressional Black Caucus. “But because of you and because of thousands, millions of people around the world who came out for justice, your name will always be synonymous with justice. And now we have to make sure that justice prevails in the sentencing.”

Imagine being one of Floyd's victims and hearing this nonsense...

Soldato
It’s obvious that anyone that even questions the outcome is an out an out white supremacist even if they agree that the officer contributed to his death. Don’t you know that’s how it works?

Exactly, the thing is the hysterical sainthood bestowed on convicted drug criminal GF and the BLM movement is just as disgusting as Chauvin and GF's murder in my opinion. No one has come out looking good here, this whole sorry excuse to make humankind look like a turd sandwich and it's best everyone moves on now.

Caporegime
such an incredibly juvenile comment.

Regardless of the actions of a criminal/member of the public, the police should always be acting as decent, moral and fair actors as they carry out their jobs.

surely you can agree to this??
Like it or not, in America the police are a somewhat paramilitary outfit, owing to the gun culture out there.

Cops get killed, and anybody could be armed. Cops also have to deal with some fairly scummy individuals.

What some seem to want is a police force that gives no consideration to the safety of their own officers, and would always prefer a cop to be shot/injured than a felon.

The tributes to Floyd as if he were some kind of saint - a loving family man who never hurt a fly - are a false narrative.

Soldato
For passing a counterfeit note ?

lawl

Hardly crime of the century, but do carry on being an apologist for a dirty cop who has just been convicted of second degree MURDER :rolleyes:
So you're ignoring his other crimes including robbery with a deadly weapon? He had a list as long as your arm, but hey let's ignore that as it doesn't suit your narrative :rolleyes:

Soldato
You are going to have a hard time convincing a lot of people that leading Democrats are not at least as ridiculous as the last guy was ...

Imagine being one of Floyd's victims and hearing this nonsense...

Pelosi is such an idiot. Sacrificing? What the hell. The guy will be made a saint before the week is out.

Soldato
Regardless of what he may have or may not have done. The police aren't there to carry out sentences, in this case a death sentence.

I think everyone can agree that the police should always be trying to bring people in alive. Not the Wild West any more.

Associate
Like it or not, in America the police are a somewhat paramilitary outfit, owing to the gun culture out there.

Cops get killed, and anybody could be armed. Cops also have to deal with some fairly scummy individuals.

What some seem to want is a police force that gives no consideration to the safety of their own officers, and would always prefer a cop to be shot/injured than a felon.

The tributes to Floyd as if he were some kind of saint - a loving family man who never hurt a fly - are a false narrative.

what does the safety of an officer have to do with kneeling on someone’s body for 9 mins, well past the time they went lifeless?

it’s like you have some comic book like violent fantasy of how things should be playing out.

policing absolutely can be dangerous. With proper training, proper funding and decent individuals behind the badge, we would find a way to keep communities safe without resorting to these kinds of incidences.

what is there to rebuke me on with this?

Caporegime
what does the safety of an officer have to do with kneeling on someone’s body for 9 mins, well past the time they went lifeless?

it’s like you have some comic book like violent fantasy of how things should be playing out.

policing absolutely can be dangerous. With proper training, proper funding and decent individuals behind the badge, we would find a way to keep communities safe without resorting to these kinds of incidences.

what is there to rebuke me on with this?
UK cops shoot people too. Sometimes it's what needs to be done. And that's in a country where gun ownership is heavily restricted.

In America, I think you'll have to concede that sometimes bad guys get shot and pretty much deserve it. Sometimes the police resort to violence and it is justified.

The idea that everything can be peaceful and the bad guys will throw up their arms and say, "It's a fair cop, guvnor," is a somewhat naïve fantasy, in the USA at least.

Soldato
Regardless of what he may have or may not have done. The police aren't there to carry out sentences, in this case a death sentence.

I think everyone can agree that the police should always be trying to bring people in alive. Not the Wild West any more.

Everyone agrees on that, the reality of what happened is, a man who is a drug user and unhealthy could not handle being restrained, and died.

People then, who's goal it is, for the world to be the wild west, try to figure out how they can use that to cause problems.

Those people are text book domestic terrorist's, but are allowed to operate completely freely within the US.

It is truly amazing to witness.

Soldato
I’d love to see the correlation between posters criticising the result here and posts supporting the UK racism report.

I once got suspended for calling a racist a racist. At least this thread makes it easier to identify the out and out racists.

Meh. The UK racism report was written by a hugely diverse group of people. It just doesn’t happen to fit the current narrative. Are the people that wrote it racists?

Soldato

Agreed it was a very unfortunate incident, but I'm sick of people making out that gf was some sort of saintly guy just walking down the street minding his own business, when the reality is very different. no one wants criminals to die in this way but if he had cooperated in the first place hed still be alive today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom