Downlighting advice

Associate
Judging from the box the LED is integrated into the unit. There's no separate bulb to swap.
If you wanted to replace the whole unit you'd need to fit one that matches whatever bulb you're trying to use.

Associate
OP
Judging from the box the LED is integrated into the unit. There's no separate bulb to swap.
If you wanted to replace the whole unit you'd need to fit one that matches whatever bulb you're trying to use.
Can you tell what type of unit is my current one? Don't even know what to look for

It's probably best to decide on what kind of smart bulb you want then buy the fitting afterward.
are you able to advise what fitting my current one is please?

RJC

RJC

Don
Your light is a sealed unit so you would need to replace the complete fitting with new one of choice.
I have the Aurora M10’s.

As mentioned earlier what system are you looking at? Aurora do there own system or something like Philips Hue with the GU10 bulbs?

Soldato
I wouldn't want to change those. The Aurora light fittings are really good and produce a very high quality light. It also looks like they are already dimmable. I wouldn't want to be swapping them out for the majority of the smart led junk (Philips Hue excluded). I'm slowly replacing every spotlight I have with Aurora lighting.

Personally I'd be looking at fitting a smart dimmable wall switch instead. There's plenty of options on Amazon.

Associate
Associate
OP
I wouldn't want to change those. The Aurora light fittings are really good and produce a very high quality light. It also looks like they are already dimmable. I wouldn't want to be swapping them out for the majority of the smart led junk (Philips Hue excluded). I'm slowly replacing every spotlight I have with Aurora lighting.

Personally I'd be looking at fitting a smart dimmable wall switch instead. There's plenty of options on Amazon.

As you can see on the box they are not dimmable

What I'm wondering is what type of light I need to look for as I'm only familiar with bulb sizes and want to find one that is compatible with the wiring already up there without needing an electrician to come and do any work

Soldato
You are looking for fire rated downlights that are to GU10 spec, anything that looks nice.

The biggest issue you will have is finding a fitting that will fit the diameter holes cut into your ceiling currently, otherwise it will be a messy job.

Soldato
As you can see on the box they are not dimmable

What I'm wondering is what type of light I need to look for as I'm only familiar with bulb sizes and want to find one that is compatible with the wiring already up there without needing an electrician to come and do any work

Ah sorry, I was looking on my phone and couldn't read the image fully! I'd still be inclined to control it via the light switch as opposed to the bulbs themselves. Means you can still also use the switch manually. You will need to change the whole light fitting though to a dimmable version. Aurora do a like for like replacement that's dimmable or you can find another that has the same size ceiling opening. Just make sure it's also fire rated given the current one is.

Back
Top Bottom