The New European Super (borefest) League

Caporegime
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin: "Is admirable to admit a mistake + these clubs made big mistake. They are back in fold now + have a lot to offer not just to our competitions but whole of Euro game. Important now to move on, rebuild unity +move forward together.”

Sounds like huge punishments are coming ;)

Caporegime
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin: "Is admirable to admit a mistake + these clubs made big mistake. They are back in fold now + have a lot to offer not just to our competitions but whole of Euro game. Important now to move on, rebuild unity +move forward together.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were assurances that no punishments would be forthcoming if they backed out and rejoined the fold.

Soldato

If anything, by the sounds of the £4.5b / £7b funding being spoken about yesterday, chances are they'll effectively all get rewarded with bigger prize pots in the current Champions League that it's now even harder for them to fail to qualify for.

I think people are bit too hasty on the 'legacy fans 1 - 0 Super League' train - the fallout hasn't finished but despite a bit of negative PR, they'll still finish up with their more favourable CL qualification terms and probably a good chunk of money too. I'd call it 1-1 really :p

Man of Honour
A quick grovel from the owners and all will be forgotten and forgiven, as usual.

I can’t believe people thought bans and point deductions would be handed out.

Soldato
Still waiting on Roman to announce a new stadium as an apology, even though I was all for the ESL, never been a fan of UEFA and FIFA and I finally thought they were getting what they deserved.

Soldato

Looks like a 10 year ban to me.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Well I am surprised that all the clubs pulled out. Once one or two did then the rest were always going to follow but I kind of assumed that they had really thought this through and done all the due diligence. I wonder if they were surprised by the kickback from the government and FIFA/UEFA. They must have known that the fans wouldn't like it one bit.

I think that one thing we can all agree on is that once Marcus Rashford made his feelings clear on the matter it was dead in the water.

Last edited:
Soldato
So if Perez was the chairman of this super league it seems like the Spanish were behind this and not the Americans as once thought?

It makes total sense as the Spanish teams are in an absolute dire financial situation and still haven't officially pulled out.

he was just a sock puppet for the American owners, they basically took advantage of the knowledge that the big spanish clubs are all ****** financially so they used him as a front man to get their wet dream USA style franchise model pushed through. They needed distance / plausible deniability and that is what Perez is being used as.

fez

fez

Caporegime
So if Perez was the chairman of this super league it seems like the Spanish were behind this and not the Americans as once thought?

It makes total sense as the Spanish teams are in an absolute dire financial situation and still haven't officially pulled out.

God knows why. The whole thing is dead in the water. Without Germany or France it could have perhaps worked and inevitably PSG/Bayern etc would have joined eventually when it was clear the money was crazy. Without Germany France or England its completely done. Spanish and Italian teams aren't enough. Its not a super league at that point. It was questionable before.

Soldato
I can’t believe people thought bans and point deductions would be handed out.

I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen. These owners are pretty much untouchable where punishments are concerned.

Like someone said earlier, how do you punish the owners without the managers and players?

You can only hit them where it hurts...financially, but how?

The only thing I can come up with is some kind of government reform.

Soldato
Those teams need to sell off assets then if they are skint. Sell some star players and slip down the league if that what it takes.

Let's be honest, it would actually make the league more exciting.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen. These owners are pretty much untouchable where punishments are concerned.

Like someone said earlier, how do you punish the owners without the managers and players?

They aren't worried about punishing innocent players and managers. If that was the concern then FFP wouldn't ever be a thing. "You can't punish the players and manager for the owners overspending".

They won't punish them because they know that they need these huge clubs to keep the current gravy train rolling. If anything they will give in to handing these clubs more power to try and avoid the next iteration of the SL.

Behind the scenes the owners will already be talking about how they can do a SL without the **** storm in the future.

Soldato
They aren't worried about punishing innocent players and managers. If that was the concern then FFP wouldn't ever be a thing. "You can't punish the players and manager for the owners overspending".

They won't punish them because they know that they need these huge clubs to keep the current gravy train rolling. If anything they will give in to handing these clubs more power to try and avoid the next iteration of the SL.

Behind the scenes the owners will already be talking about how they can do a SL without the **** storm in the future.

is that's what known as feeding the beast?

fez

fez

Caporegime
is that's what known as feeding the beast?

Maybe. Its the reason the banking sector has so much power, why massive businesses pay the square route of **** all taxes. They have far too much power and influence and if you want to punish them then you will also be punishing yourself to a similar or greater degree.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It really is madness. Barcelona is skint yet they are spending hundreds of millions on their stadium.

Its the same reason people who are is masses of debt keep getting new cars and going on expensive holidays. They don't want to show that they are broke and they can't accept their situation.

At least now that this is all over we can go back to the beautiful game where everyone plays for the love of football and money doesn't mean anything. Football came close to becoming a heartless business there but we brought it back from the brink. Phew

Back
Top Bottom