The New European Super (borefest) League

Soldato
As a fan of a small european club compared to the behemoths that tried to form the Super League I find the manufactured backlash hilarious.

You've already made football all about money. Your teams are already owned by faceless mega-corporations, corrupt oligarchs and money launderers. Why not own up to it form your Super league and compete with each other and leave the rest of the clubs alone so they might have a chance at a European title.

Soldato
Seen this on twitter.
"Each club that was involved should have Steve Bruce as manager for a season as punishment"

That's too generous. How about John Carver, Frank De Boer or Remi Garde? Win % of 15%, 20% and 13% respectively for their last times managing in the PL.

Soldato
I love spurs weasel speak there. "Considered opinions"! I'll have to remember that. "no boss, that wasn't swearing, it was just giving my considered opinion..."

Caporegime
Not for me. Im tired of him apologising tbh
Me too. We've heard similar apologies from FSG for trying to increase season ticket prices, trying to trademark the word Liverpool and furloughing staff. They don't care about the fans and they'll never care about the fans but they do need the fans onside to push through ideas. I suspect this will be harder than ever from now on.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Anyone who thinks that FSG or Henrys apology is anything but complete BS is an idiot.

Clubs in the PL don't give a **** about their fans beyond the amount of money they generate. Not the big clubs, not the small clubs. If any club could double their revenue and half their fan base they would do it in a second.

fez

fez

Caporegime
you think he actually meant it and was sincere ??? or was he just sorry that he got caught trying to mug people off ??

I wonder what caused all the teams to drop out in the end because it sure as hell wasn't the fans reaction.

They knew this would be massively unpopular but they thought it would be worth the backlash.

If they cared about the fans they wouldn't increase ticket prices year after year. If they cared about the fans the glazers would never have taken over the club or put EW in charge of transfer policy. If they cared about the fans success on the pitch would be the most important thing to clubs.

Soldato
I wonder what caused all the teams to drop out in the end because it sure as hell wasn't the fans reaction.

They knew this would be massively unpopular but they thought it would be worth the backlash.

If they cared about the fans they wouldn't increase ticket prices year after year. If they cared about the fans the glazers would never have taken over the club or put EW in charge of transfer policy. If they cared about the fans success on the pitch would be the most important thing to clubs.

The owners probably **** a brick when the government started talking about looking into things. Even though its likely Johnson et. al. would be mostly toothless in this, the owners probably didn't want the possibility of authorities probing their tax arrangements in detail. Plus they all just got paid off by the increased money in the CL by UEFA

Soldato
Me too. We've heard similar apologies from FSG for trying to increase season ticket prices, trying to trademark the word Liverpool and furloughing staff. They don't care about the fans and they'll never care about the fans but they do need the fans onside to push through ideas. I suspect this will be harder than ever from now on.

They clearly dont even know the fans if they are trying stunts like this. I still expect the match going fan, hopefully myself if i can get lucky in the ballot, to be protesting when its all back.

Soldato

I think the reaction of UEFA, FIFA and various governments played a significant part in the decision.

Shows the owners and execs are living in a different world and couldn't give a ****.

I sat a few feet away from Ed Woodward's office in the Man Utd London office for years, he didn't give any of us normal staff the time of day. Glad he is finally going, 7 years too late.

Back
Top Bottom