S10 Cover Not Operating Screen

Associate
I have just bought a brand new Samsung S10 Plus with Android 11 for my wife and the software is up to date.

When I close the cover the home screen does not switch off and stays on until it times out. Same happens when I open the cover, the screen does not wake up and I have to double tap to get to the lock screen. I have searched the settings and cannot find anything to make this work and I am sure it worked right out out of the box on my own S8. I have tried a full factory reset which has made no difference. Can anyone help before I send it back as I think it could be hardware fault?

Man of Honour
This happens occasionally on the other half's phone. Only thing we've found that works is pulling the phone from the case, reboot the phone and once it's back to the home screen, put it back in the case.

Associate
OP
I have just bought a new Samsung LED case in which the LED is not working either and the new cover still does not auto lock/unlock the phone. According to the quick start guide that came with the cover these options need to be switched on in the Accessories menu and there is no Accessories menu under Advanced Features on my S1O Plus.

Back
Top Bottom