Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thats not what people are saying.

People are claiming he was only cuffed because he handed over a fake 20. Truth is he was a danger to himself and others and had to be taken in.

Had he complied then he wouldn't have died... although he might have anyway due to an overdose.

He died because DC knelt on him for over 9.5 minutes. That was proven to the jury by witnesses called to testify. He wasn't overdosing, the expert said his breathing rate before he stopped breathing was normal. If he'd been overdosing it would have been dramatically reduced. So that is a non starter.

Soldato
Will be over turned on appeal, cannot have been given a fair trial with the country being held to ransom by rioters, even the President interfering with the decision. Kangaroo Court.

Absolutely he should be charged with man slaughter, the guy showed no compassion for human life, but murder? It makes a joke of the Justice system.

I'm not a betting man, I think its a mugs game. However a friendly £10 to the charity of our choice that his convictions aren't overturned on appeal.

Caporegime
He died because DC knelt on him for over 9.5 minutes. That was proven to the jury by witnesses called to testify. He wasn't overdosing, the expert said his breathing rate before he stopped breathing was normal. If he'd been overdosing it would have been dramatically reduced. So that is a non starter.

His breathing was normal before he stopped breathing? Who was present to check this?

Every time George said he couldn't breath before he was put onto the floor he was lieing to the policemen?

Who knew?

Soldato
Do you think Ed Snowdon and or Julian Assange are more or less convinced of a fair trial proceeding to take place in the US after this?

Are you trying to compare 2 whistle blowers/journalists (although Assange crossed the line when he assisted Russia in the 2016 election) to a man convicted of murder by a jury of his peers? Get a grip, its not remotely the same thing at all and isn't calling into doubt the US legal system. Although I sympathise with Snowdon or his motives at least, he still broke the law and in a fairly reckless way. Lets not forget this was State court, not Federal court where those two would be facing trial.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because it only matters when a white boy does it.

I mean in theory if blm wanted to stop black people dieing in America they could appeal to all to simply put their guns away and stop killing each other.

It would reduce the numbers of murders in the US by nearly 50%.

Instead their message is to defund the police.

BLM is now about stoking fires to keep people donating to the founders

Caporegime
OP
The maximum possible term, I would hope.

LOL, this will clearly be the next potential issue for BLM etc... Is this really a good example of a murder-2 conviction that warrant's the maxium? Are all the other murder-2 convictions with lesser sentencing to be disregarded etc...

No doubt the judge will be accused of supporting "white supremacy" if the sentence is deemed to be too lenient in the court of public opinion.

Permabanned
LOL, this will clearly be the next potential issue for BLM etc... Is this really a good example of a murder-2 conviction that warrant's the maxium? Are all the other murder-2 convictions with lesser sentencing to be disregarded etc...

No doubt the judge will be accused of supporting "white supremacy" if the sentence is deemed to be too lenient in the court of public opinion.

Anything short of botched electric chair with multiple attempts at execution will be too lenient clearly.

Soldato
His breathing was normal before he stopped breathing? Who was present to check this?

Every time George said he couldn't breath before he was put onto the floor he was lieing to the policemen?

Who knew?

So you didn't watch all the evidence and you clearly have no idea how we breathe. They were able to count the breaths from watching the video.

When you breathe in, your chest expands, your diaphragm contracts and flattens so creating a void and so a low pressure in your chest cavity. As the atmosphere outside is roughly at 1 bar and higher than in your chest the air rushes in to the lower pressure void, you breathe in, the air entering your chest is never above 1 bar. With weight on you like FG had on him his chest couldn't expand fully, so he had problems breathing in properly. However when you breathe out your muscles are able to force the air out which is why you can blow up a balloon, which is also why he was able to say he couldn't breathe properly. He wasn't getting enough air but that is still enough air to say you can't breathe. I'm fairly sure you were one of the people who said he watched the trial and there wasn't the evidence to convict. Clearly that isn't true.

Soldato
He wouldn’t have died if Chauvin hadn’t knelt on him

Do you think the breathing issues he complained about *before he was even on the ground* was just GF lying?

If not, how can you not at least wonder if that was when GF started dying? (from drugs+heart condition+stress)

Caporegime
I expect them to be treated like human beings, but I suspect we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Human beings are capable of being extremely dangerous, violent, and criminally inclined.

This doesn't necessarily apply to GF, but some human beings really are scum.

e: I should clarify - a cop doesn't necessarily know what kind of human being he's dealing with. The decent, dignified type or the violent criminal type.

Associate
Are you trying to compare 2 whistle blowers/journalists (although Assange crossed the line when he assisted Russia in the 2016 election) to a man convicted of murder by a jury of his peers? Get a grip, its not remotely the same thing at all and isn't calling into doubt the US legal system. Although I sympathise with Snowdon or his motives at least he still broke the law and in a fairly reckless way. Lets not forget this was State court, not Federal court where those two would be facing trial.

I think its fair question and was wondering what their opinion of it is giving that both are equally publicized, politicized and well known to the public and are both faced with a trial facing a jury. The court system can get things wrong. There are plently of examples of people being exonorated, I don't think this will happen realistically at all for this guy but if the evidence was strong enough maybe.

If that cop is indeed guility then so be it. I won't defend a bad cop but I think for transparency all available evidence should be publically available. I'm partculary interested in the analytical results of any toxicology tests, how many samples were taken of what type and what laboratories analyzed them using what instrumentation and what methods.

Caporegime
So you didn't watch all the evidence and you clearly have no idea how we breathe. They were able to count the breaths from watching the video.

When you breathe in, your chest expands, your diaphragm contracts and flattens so creating a void and so a low pressure in your chest cavity. As the atmosphere outside is roughly at 1 bar and higher than in your chest the air rushes in to the lower pressure void, you breathe in, the air entering your chest is never above 1 bar. With weight on you like FG had on him his chest couldn't expand fully, so he had problems breathing in properly. However when you breathe out your muscles are able to force the air out which is why you can blow up a balloon, which is also why he was able to say he couldn't breathe properly. He wasn't getting enough air but that is still enough air to say you can't breathe. I'm fairly sure you were one of the people who said he watched the trial and there wasn't the evidence to convict. Clearly that isn't true.

He said he couldn't breath before he got onto the ground.

How would you explain this?

Soldato

Yet he was able to speak before and after being restrained on the floor so it was reasonable to conclude he was lying when no one was anywhere near his neck so perhaps crying wolf repeatedly didn't work out so well for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom