Ramadan Mubarak!

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Soldato
So over a week in and it's going pretty good for me! I'm napping in the afternoon and on a pretty good schedule.

Taking on lots of water pre and post fast and having minimal portions of food when opening fast. I have to say that my stomach is the happiest it's been in ages!

I am yet to feel hungry and don't even get my usual cravings for nuts etc.

Hope you guys are all doing good!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Yes. So is not eating when hungry, but we all have our things.
Restraint re food is quite a common theme in many abrahamic religions, i.e. Christians giving up something for Lent, not eating meat on Good Friday etc.

Soldato
It's a bit weird and rude to wade into a thread you clearly don't care about especially when it is something to do with someones faith.

Just a bit disrespectful really

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
I presume, you are thinking I'm having a dig?

I voiced my opinion, if that's wrong then please say so. Or is it because its about something religious... makes having an opinion taboo?

Just posting "No" was an opinion?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP

I voiced my opinion, if that's wrong then please say so. Or is it because its about something religious... makes having an opinion taboo?
No, it’s because you’re being antagonistic.

Coming in to a thread to mock someone’s belief/behaviour (regardless of which religion) is stupid. Unless you intended to cause a fuss I can’t see how those posts aren’t meant to be interpreted as a wind up.

You’ve been asked kindly to stop. Thanks.

Caporegime

At least have something more intelligent and constructive than, no. It wasn't an opinion was it.

Soldato
Going well so far. Last year was tending to eat and sleep late. This time getting up before dawn (sehri) and having a sandwich before prayer.

Having just had a rollercoaster few months. Ramdhan is welcomed. Time to reflect and slow things down. It reminds you to be a little more pro-active in self and care of others. Good recharge.

Soldato

Fasting is good as it builds mental discipline

I eat 6 meals per week right now

Not drinking water is extremely situational, in the current UK climate it is super easy if you work indoors, but if you are a laborer in a hot country working outside, its nearly impossible if not extremely dangerous.

So as a non-muslim i would advise you miss an entire day of food, but drink water and even coffee or tea, if you normally do.

The health benefits are all entirely negligible it is entirely a mental thing.

Soldato
if you have a physical job are you allowed to use some sort of substitute to food like protein shake or something in the day time?

nope. If you have a medical condition then you don't fast. If you really are struggling due to work I think you can make up for it after Ramadan but also give money to charity... not 100% sure on that tbh

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
if you have a physical job are you allowed to use some sort of substitute to food like protein shake or something in the day time?
If you eat properly outside of your fast you won't struggle even with a highly physical job.

Caporegime
First day I have been into work in months! And the director suggested lunch and just booked a table at a new Meat Liquor that just opened....

Pet Northerner
Don
First day I have been into work in months! And the director suggested lunch and just booked a table at a new Meat Liquor that just opened....

Screen_Shot_2020-01-14_at_10.34.57_AM.jpg

Caporegime
It was torture :p but well worth it just spending time with my colleagues. Bless, the waiter was inquisitive about fasting after I told him (he offered water after I said I wasn't ordering food).

One plus was me not having to eat a messy burger in front of my boss and the director :o:p.

Soldato
Good on you for still participating! I brought a lady from Morocco over to my team the year before last and she really soldiered through on the social side of things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom