US police thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I prefer not to comment on the possible rights, or more likely wrongs of the shooting of the 16 y.o. girl in Columbus OH, but unless she invented the name herself, how do parents come up with a name like Ma’khia?

Soldato
I prefer not to comment on the possible rights, or more likely wrongs of the shooting of the 16 y.o. girl in Columbus OH, but unless she invented the name herself, how do parents come up with a name like Ma’khia?
Well, what I believe to be the father is the same guy who was kicking the women on the ground in the head. Comes with the territory.

Caporegime
OP
Wasn't the girl in pink there with her friends to allegedly jump/attack the girl who got shot? Or has that been rubbished?

If it's true is that not a self defense angle?

Even if true no it isn't a self-defence angle as she was standing by a car doing nothing when the girl launched at her with a knife. Police had already arrived before that happened, there was no self defence angle here re: the girl in pink.

Just look at the CHOP/CHAZ to see what happens. Suddenly people want the police around again!

Yeah, ironically their "security" in the cop-free zone, within days, managed to shoot two black teenagers then hide the evidence...

It's an African American thing, apparently started in the 60s as a deliberate attempt to separate names from white people, black power movement etc... then morphed into made-up names

Soldato
If I felt my life was in danger I might grab a knife to defend myself, but the moment the cops turned up I'd be running to them for help, not launching a full force attack at someone's head / neck.

It is absolutely ridiculous that this girl had to die, a complete waste of a life for a moments madness, but the officer was put in a very very awkward situation. Her age probably got her killed, she was probably naive to the magnitude of the situation and the dire consequences of what she was doing. Youthful ignorance hit reality in a split second.

Soldato
If I felt my life was in danger I might grab a knife to defend myself, but the moment the cops turned up I'd be running to them for help, not launching a full force attack at someone's head / neck.

It is absolutely ridiculous that this girl had to die, a complete waste of a life for a moments madness, but the officer was put in a very very awkward situation. Her age probably got her killed, she was probably naive to the magnitude of the situation and the dire consequences of what she was doing. Youthful ignorance hit reality in a split second.

The thing is that there was already cops there.
And they still acted like fools and tried to kill people.

Soldato
the goal isnt to cause death, but yeah nerve gas would be good in that case.
Are you suggesting that nerve gas would be a good solution to the crime problem or just agreeing that nerve gas would be a quicker and more efficient way of causing death to a large proportion of a city?

Man of Honour
Sorry what? What has that got to do with someone's name?

Don’t take this as gospel, I’m just guessing here, but check out post # 383, I think the intimation is that the unusual names are an African-American thing, and that the 16 y.o. got the name because it was the done thing in her family/location, meaning that as a black kid, her parents would be more likely to give her one of those names.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with being liberal.
Nor conservative for that matter.

However, yes in do agree. SC is quite possibly the worst part of this forum with it's trademark pile-ons.

Soldato
Well no ****, nothing else sells because of psychological biases. People are addicted to negativity.

Half truth headlines cause outrage from both those who can't see the story has been manipulated and also from those who can.....this pits the two sides against each other creating more clicks, more comments and more interactions.

The media plays us all...

Caporegime
This is the bit I dont understand.

“Andrew Brown was a good person,” she said. “He was about to get his kids back. He was a good father. Now his kids won’t never see him again.”

Yet, in the same article it states that:

Court records show Brown was 42 years old and had a history of drug charges and a misdemeanor drug possession conviction.

ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina deputy shot and killed a Black man while serving a search warrant Wednesday, authorities said,

Firstly, why in each of these cases does the victim have a history of drugs abuse if they were a 'good person' and good father?

Secondly, how was he going to get his kids back if he was being served with a warrant?

Thirdly, why did he try to drive away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom