Census 2021

Soldato
That's because I've not decided yet, at what cost do you break your convictions or beliefs, I'm going to think on it more.

You make this sound like some sort of moralistic war but in reality we're talking about refusing to fill in a survey about things like whether you're married and what languages you speak. They're not exactly asking for an explicit sexual history and your exact whereabouts for the last 72 hours.

You make this sound like some sort of moralistic war but in reality we're talking about refusing to fill in a survey about things like whether you're married and what languages you speak. They're not exactly asking for an explicit sexual history and your exact whereabouts for the last 72 hours.

It's not that as such, it's more the fact that you are legally obligated to fill it out, and the potential consequences for not doing so, I just think it's wrong to force people to do it, and then send 'agents' around your home if it's not filled out.

If you go to court the only way out is what's officially called a 'converion' by filling the form out at the court and conversing, that sound very wrong to me, a conversion?

It's annoying really because disagreeing with this one particular law seems to place you as an outcast or some crazy lefty tree hugger, I just think we should be able to question laws like these, it should be open to debate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Every law is open to debate that is why we have a Parliament and new laws get enacted, old ones get repealed if they no longer suit our lives. This one is useful as a snapshot of key indices at ten year intervals. It is not open for individuals to decide which laws to obey or not as there lies anarchy. People not obeying laws set down are like you subject to penalties.

Soldato
It's not that as such, it's more the fact that you are legally obligated to fill it out, and the potential consequences for not doing so, I just think it's wrong to force people to do it, and then send 'agents' around your home if it's not filled out.

If you go to court the only way out is what's officially called a 'converion' by filling the form out at the court and conversing, that sound very wrong to me, a conversion?

It's annoying really because disagreeing with this one particular law seems to place you as an outcast or some crazy lefty tree hugger, I just think we should be able to question laws like these, it should be open to debate.
Question all you like, but if you seriously have an issue, OCUK probably isn't the place to make a difference. You just sound like an old man shouting at the clouds.

Caporegime
That's because I've not decided yet, at what cost do you break your convictions or beliefs, I'm going to think on it more.

It seems you've only acquired these convictions or beliefs since you've had to be chased. Apparently you would have completed the census but were too busy to spare the 15 minutes on 21 March or in the days before or after.

Anyway, the cost of sticking to your convictions or beliefs is potentially a criminal conviction and a fine. That is something to think about.

Question all you like, but if you seriously have an issue, OCUK probably isn't the place to make a difference. You just sound like an old man shouting at the clouds.

Not really, as I've said I just think it's wrong for the government to force you to fill out the census form, it's that simple, I don't like be forced to do stuff against my will without valid reason, I guess I'm alone in thinking this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not really, as I've said I just think it's wrong for the government to force you to fill out the census form, it's that simple, I don't like be forced to do stuff against my will without valid reason, I guess I'm alone be thinking this.

The census provides information the government needs to develop policies, plan and run public services, and allocate funding.

Associate
Not really, as I've said I just think it's wrong for the government to force you to fill out the census form, it's that simple, I don't like be forced to do stuff against my will without valid reason, I guess I'm alone in thinking this.

The information the Census gathers is useless if its not done in totality, by everyone. Without these statistics we have no idea what the demographics of the country are, or how they are changing, making it nigh on impossible to enact polict/decision making based on actual facts and trends.

I'm really struggling to see why this is the hill you are choosing die on.

Soldato
Do you apply this to other things the government force you to do or is it just form filling in?

Soldato
Is anyone still getting spammed the letters? We filled in online but they sent us 3 paper copies in the last week or so. I have enough census letters for all the summer's BBQ lighting

We've had quite a few instances of this. Best to call 0800 141 2021 and check the online submission has been received. You'll keep getting reminders until it's located. Sounds silly but we've found that lots of people didn't actually press the submit button :o

Associate
Back
Top Bottom