Has anyone every had a vivid dream during the night and woken up thinking "did that really happen? "

Man of Honour
Even stupider are the dreams where people annoy you... and despite you being subsequently fully aware (when awake) that they only annoyed you in a dream, you nevertheless carry over some resentment to real life.

*glares at partner at breakfast table*
“*munch-munch*..... what!?”
“You know what you did” *flips over cereal and storms out of room*

Associate
Dreamt on Saturday night about a friend of mine that passed away not too long ago. I was hugging her hello and I could actually feel her in my arms and smell the soap she used to use. Woke up with such a sense of loss - was not impressed.

Caporegime
Dreamt vividly I was in a nasty accident at work (I’m a truck driver) only to find out the next morning that a friend of mine had been killed in an RTA overnight , freaked me out a bit that did.

Man of Honour
Dreamt vividly I was in a nasty accident at work (I’m a truck driver) only to find out the next morning that a friend of mine had been killed in an RTA overnight , freaked me out a bit that did.

Off thread I know, but aside from myself as an ex trucker, I wonder how many posters realised that you were inevitably a truck driver just by your user name?

Soldato
I keep on having a repeating dream where I go into various game stores trying to buy a second hand switch but they're always selling it for close to brand new price so I never buy it and the shop assistant is always Kevin Smith, sometimes it's in a Dixons, a Comet, or an independent store but it's always Smith at the counter, always disappointing me with the price

I also have dreams that are more like films from the perspective I view them, as in I'm not in the dream, I'm just watching it, last night was quite weird which had some girls going for a swim and there was some blue algae in the pool because it was actually some kind of toxic waste dump which caused one of the girls skin to literally melt off her

Associate
A few times I've woken up with no idea who I am or where I am. Also a lot of sleep paralysis. Oh and I day dream and mindlessly wander around occasionally.

Fortunately I can still tell dreams apart from reality.

Soldato
I would consider most of my dreams to be very odd in that "I" (the person) am not directly in them - Instead they are more like a movie is being made and I'm just one of the "cameras" on set filming the events, capturing the pre-defined events that take place, with all the usual cinematography tricks like Dutch angles, pans/zoom & cuts etc just like a "real" film would look like.

I would say <10% of my remembered dreams actually include me in first person, everything else is varying degree's of 3rd person view to the more common external "camera" mode.

Soldato
I had a dream last night where my next door neighbour had stole my wheelie bin and when I had gone into their garden to get it back it wasn't there but there was a dozen other bins they had stolen in the past from other people. I could have just taken one of those but I wanted MY bin as mine was cleaner than all the others ones. I ended up waking myself up from this dream. :o

Man of Honour
I had a dream last week which was surprisingly vivid.
I quit driving a Black Cab in 2012, but in this dream I was hailed by three girls on the corner of Kingsland Road and Hackney Road at about 10.30 p.m., (unusual in itself, as I used to finish by circa 18.00 when I was working.)
They’d had a drink, but were not totally wasted, and asked me to drop two off at Liverpool Street station, then take the other one to Fenchurch Street station.
When I got to Fenchurch Street station, the girl was spark out asleep, I raised my voice, “WAKE UP LOVE, WE’RE HERE.”
Nothing, I opened the rear left passenger door, she was slumped all the way over on the right side, and I shouted, “OY! OY!”
Again, nothing, I got back in, drove forward a couple of metres and hit the brake, she slumped down in the seat, still asleep.
Just then a police car drove into the station approach, relieved, I waved them down and told them my problem.
One cop said, “Did you try shaking her shoulders?”
I said, “Yeah right, I ain’t dumb enough to get in the back and touch a female passenger.”
I recall one cop taking my details, badge number, taxi reg and Hackney plate number, while the other one tried to wake the girl up, but then the vividness faded, so Christ knows how they got her out, I was just glad that it was a dream when I woke up.

Back
Top Bottom