• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
We had the one arrive and it has shipped just a few minutes ago, so in theory it is probably yourself, if it was not then I guess it was an RMA.

I'd be fascinated to know what reasons AIB's are coming up with to explain why shipments of 100 per week have turned into 5 per week.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I'd be fascinated to know what reasons the AIB's are coming up with to explain why shipments of 100 per week have turned into 5 per week.
Really, there have very few shipments of more than 20pcs from any brand. You just remember the very rare "large" drops & those might have been due to a some sort of backlog (a shortage component arriving back in stock or packaging finally arriving)

What you need to understand is that production isn't done in "trickles". They aren't producing a hundred of these, a hundred of those etc. The minimum production run for a model is likely to be in the thousands but there's also thousands of resellers globally and pretty much all of the brands operate a "fair share" policy. Applying pressure directly, and even getting Nvidia to push, only has a small impact on the allocations.

Associate
Well ladies and gents, it's been a blast.
Heard from here that there were Gigabyte Vision OC cards available to upgrade to, and with my position in the Eagle OC queue sitting quite high I went for it.
Just wanted to say thanks to @Gibbo and @ScottiB for doing their best to handle this absolute mess over the last 6-7 months.
Hope you all get your cards, best of luck.

Associate
Hi Gibbo , any update on the 2 gigabyte 3080 oc that are due this week , I am 2nd in the queue from last week and wondered if its arrived as yet , thank you Keith

Associate
Oh no I'm not part of the "OcUK made MILLIONS on our money" false conspiracy crowd. I just mean we put the money in, waited, then got it back.
And it costs OCUK money to refund as well.

@Gibbo normally buys graphic cards by the pallet load but at moment he's receiving them by the (small) bucket load.

The whole situation is ****, and we're still in a global pandemic.......

Back
Top Bottom