Census 2021

Soldato
The people putting 'hilarious' information on their census are just ensuring more tax money gets spent on those demographics. Bit of an own goal for the anti-woke brigade tbh.

Associate
Is a free new build house not enough for you?

Its not free. Its shared ownership. Half of it is free. At least half of my share was paid for with money from my last job which I was discharged from for collapsing too many times, and last year I won my first disability discrimination case because another employer thought I was too disabled to work for them following full disclosure of my health issues. Desk jobs also won't take me because no I.T experience

I will be making up 2 years of experience to add to my C.V when I bother to try again with my current support worker who has offered to help me find work again. My support worker has already amended my information on their system to make it look like they have known me for 2 years so she can give me a reference. Nowadays every employer for any desk job wants a minimum of 2x2 year references / experiences.

Being a new build is irrelevant when there are no old builds on social housing stock, and I couldn't afford anything at 100% motgage or rent without housing benefit (like quite a lot of people in the UK).

And you have to play the oppression olympics to get one, I had to exaggerate everything after already being on the waiting list for 7 years in an abusive household whilst physically disabled yet still being considered bottom priority despite telling that to all the social support things. Getting social housing IS. NOT. EASY.

Technically speaking, straight white men with no health problems will never even be considered for social housing no matter their financial situation, and women are always prioritized over men. I don't agree that housing priority should be based on social demographics.

I was already close to beginning to identify as a trans woman to get bumped up the list before I got mine.

The first social housing place that was helping me over 10 years ago now literally said they couldn't give me any of their housing unless I was a drug addict. They only helped people who were the absolute least likely to get offered housing. Disabled ethnic minority in an abusive household doesn't even get you considered unless you are also female.

Destroying all my identifying documents, moving up to Scotland and claiming asylum from any country that I look like I'm from would have gotten me completely free housing much easier.

Currently my support worker is helping me with getting everything sorted out to get my garden and lounge done which have been neglected / empty for almost 3 years. While I have saved up the money for the work, I need(ed) help with arranging to get the gardener, electricians, carpet fitters etc to come as well as with shopping around for decent prices. Currently getting help with finding an electrician.

Last edited:
What conviction and beliefs are you referring to?
Just by going through threads you have created on this forum would give far more person information than the census asks.

I don't know how many times I've said it now, I'll say it as simple as possible, the belief that people shouldn't be forced and threatened by way of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around people houses.

I shouldn't need to explain what convictions mean as it directly correlates to ones beliefs.

I'm just surprised that so many people are ok with having no option to say "no", The fact that people may believe it's a good thing so it doesn't matter filling it out doesn't wash with me, it's similar to when I asked Feek would he be ok if the government said that we have to start carrying ID document's with us 24/7 and be fined if we didn't, he said "yes because I always carry my wallet on me so I would be happy to do so", I find these people are that same people that say "well I've got nothing to hide so I don't see the problem" when topics like the Snoopers Charter crop up, people are so happy to give up their rights and freedoms because it's not 'inconvenient' for them, or they have 'nothing to hide'.

People want to bash on me because I believe you have the right say no, fine, have at it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow. Kind of wish I didn't click on this thread. I hope those who are standing firm look like a tit in front of the court as they receive their fine.

I on the other hand, was quite glad to finally be able to officially register myself as non religious as I know my parents would have put me down as Christian despite themselves only ever visiting churches for weddings or funerals.

Soldato
I don't know how many times I've said it now, I'll say it as simple as possible, the belief that people shouldn't be forced and threatened by way of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around people houses.
Does this conviction apply to things other than filling in forms?
I'm just surprised that so many people are ok with having no option to say "no", The fact that people may believe it's a good thing so it doesn't matter filling it out doesn't wash with me, it's similar to when I asked Feek would he be ok if the government said that we have to start carrying ID document's with us 24/7 and be fined if we didn't, he said "yes because I always carry my wallet on me so I would be happy to do so", I find these people are that same people that say "well I've got nothing to hide so I don't see the problem" when topics like the Snoopers Charter crop up, people are so happy to give up their rights and freedoms because it's not 'inconvenient' for them, or they have 'nothing to hide'.
The Snoopers Charter is an entirely different kettle of fish, the census isn't asking what websites you've visited in the last year, it doesn't ask who you've been in contact with, how many times, and for how long, it doesn't allow the police and other government agents access to your details, and it doesn't sign away your right not to have government agents come into your house anytime they please to riffle through your stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find questions like this very odd, do you honestly believe that someone's convictions could only apply to form filling? I personally couldn't believe that any human beings convictions could be so insular.
So that a no then? Because the belief that people shouldn't be forced and threatened by way of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around people houses applies to like literally every law.

If you park in the wrong place and get a parking fine if you don't pay it you'll get fined, a criminal conviction, and have agents sent round your house. If you don't fill out your tax returns you'll get fined, a criminal conviction, and have agents sent round your house.

Associate

I shouldn't need to explain what convictions mean as it directly correlates to ones beliefs.

So your conviction/belief is that you don't want to do things are that expected of you as a citizen of the state. Do you pay tax, obey traffic laws, wear masks in stores etc.? Each of those comes with threats for fines etc. Being a citizen of a country comes with rights and responsibilities, even though you don't ever formally enter into the agreement.

I do understand having to make hard choices for beliefs, at 18 I had a choice of serving in the South African army or serving two years in jail. I chose not to go to jail, and even knowing that it would have made very little difference it still gnaws at me.

So that a no then? Because the belief that people shouldn't be forced and threatened by way of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around people houses applies to like literally every law.

If you park in the wrong place and get a parking fine if you don't pay it you'll get fined, a criminal conviction, and have agents sent round your house. If you don't fill out your tax returns you'll get fined, a criminal conviction, and have agents sent round your house.

I shouldn't have to explain this really, being threatened by way of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around people house shouldn't be the consequence of saying no to filling out a Census form.

Forms, for the most part, directly collate to, and are usually a consequence of a willing choice made by an individual, ie, car ownership, purchasing a home, working etc, these all require forms to be filled out by Law and are acceptable and reasonable, the Census form is quite different in that respect, the argument for filling out that form out is not from choice, but as hood1971 has mentioned above, it's a civic duty to the state of which you have no control, I don't agree with that, otherwise were do we draw the line on civic Duties, we are already going down the backward road of being forced to fly the Union Jack, would we all be comfortable if our children had to swear an allegiance to Queen and Country at school in the name of civic duty?

Soldato
I shouldn't have to explain this really, being threatened by way of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around people house shouldn't be the consequence of saying no to filling out a Census form.

Forms, for the most part, directly collate to, and are usually a consequence of a willing choice made by an individual, ie, car ownership, purchasing a home, working etc, these all require forms to be filled out by Law and are acceptable and reasonable, the Census form is quite different in that respect, the argument for filling out that form out is not from choice, but as hood1971 has mentioned above, it's a civic duty to the state of which you have no control, I don't agree with that, otherwise were do we draw the line on civic Duties, we are already going down the backward road of being forced to fly the Union Jack, would we all be comfortable if our children had to swear an allegiance to Queen and Country at school in the name of civic duty?
Well if you post on a public forum you should sort of expect that you'll have to explain things, because I'm trying to understand why you find being threatened by way of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around peoples house WRT to the census objectionable but not so if it's for other things like tax returns, parking tickets. I'm trying to understand, and maybe I'm just not getting it, but you don't seem to be doing a good job of explaining why you find filling out the census itself objectionable.

Well if you post on a public forum you should sort of expect that you'll have to explain things, because I'm trying to understand why you find being threatened by way of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around peoples house WRT to the census objectionable but not so if it's for other things like tax returns, parking tickets. I'm trying to understand, and maybe I'm just not getting it, but you don't seem to be doing a good job of explaining why you find filling out the census itself objectionable.

I feel I have explained myself well enough, if you don't understand that's fine.

Soldato
I feel I have explained myself well enough, if you don't understand that's fine.
I've skimmed over your post in the last few days in this thread so maybe I've missed it, mind helping me out by pointing me to where you explained why you find filling out the census itself objectionable.

I mean i get nobody likes the idea of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around people houses but I'm struggling to understand why providing the information requested in the census is a bone of contention for you.

I've skimmed over your post in the last few days in this thread so maybe I've missed it, mind helping me out by pointing me to where you explained why you find filling out the census itself objectionable.

I mean i get nobody likes the idea of fines, criminal convictions, and sending multiple agents around people houses but I'm struggling to understand why providing the information requested in the census is a bone of contention for you.

The information being provided in not a problem, it's the fact that you are forced to, also, I've already explained the difference from a Census forum compared to 'regular' forms that are required to be filled out by law.

He has not. All he has said is that it's wrong that he is forced to do it and wants to say no.

Feel free to say 'no' when you're (not you, Murphy) taken to court and I will laugh.

What other explanation do you want? The right to say no, that's it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The information being provided in not a problem, it's the fact that you are forced to, also, I've already explained the difference from a Census forum compared to 'regular' forms that are required to be filled out by law.

What other explanation do you want? The right to say no, that's it.
Presumably it was made law to ensure most people filled in the forms, which helps drive the most relevant local decisions. So (quite rightly) you don't get the option to say no. It's part of the commitment and contract you have for deciding to live in this country.

Soldato
In the old census forms there were spaces for comments and more than a few were determined as 'imbecile' or 'idiot'. I think that we still have a few around but are more politically correct today.

Back
Top Bottom