No longer fast charges?

Soldato
Sorry I'm not great on smart phones.

My Huawei P3 light is heading towards being 3 years old, it's a great little phone other than the camera which is pretty pants.

Anyway it used to fast charge, for ages now it hasn't but I out this down to the third party chargers I have (which used to fast charge) going funny.

Anyway I need my phone to charge this morning, remembered the original Huawei charger was in my car, hooked that up and it did say fast charge, for about a minute, now it's just charging slowly.

Is this normal?

Software Huawei put in to slow charging to prolong battery?

Or issue?

Associate
No idea on the software side, but considering the age of the phone it may well be a faulty charging port or battery issue.

Have you tried cleaning it just to make sure there is no fluff/dust stuck in there and rule that out?

Soldato
Pretty sure fast charging technology depends on battery health or condition. The unfortunate side effect of fast charging is that over time it can deteriorate that battery health quicker than normal charging would.
So it maybe that you battery can no longer accept the wattage needed for fast charging.

Download AccuBattery from the Play Store, that will give you a good indication.

Associate
Often the cable will degraded
^This

I have gone through a multitude of third party cables, and rarely do the cheap ones support fast charge.
You have the original charger but have you also tried the original cable?

I have a preference for Anker cables and chargers for the car now, as no problems with them, I use wireless in house as overnight I don't want to hunt for a cable and I don't need fast charge while sleeping ;)

Soldato
OP
Yea original charger original cable tried just now.

Accubattery states 92% health, although I've not been running it recently so might update a bit over the next few days.

Its not the end of the world, the battery life... feels... like it about 80% of what I used to be other than it doesn't fast charge anymore.

Back
Top Bottom