**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Due some tyres shortly on my mondeo estate, 235/40/18, looking at either the conti sport contact 6, premium contact 6, Goodyear Eagle F1A5 or Michelin PS4. F1a5 works out about 25 quid cheaper than the others, don't need anything that has huge outright grip obviously but want them to last more than 5 mins. I have the premium contact 6 on there currently and they've lasted a good 4 years and about 28k so far give or take.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Aye, apparently wear rates on the F1A5 are very good. Excellent tyre as well. Unless you want to pay the premium for the PS4, go with the F1s

Associate
Just brought a Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2019

On looking at the tyres I’d never heard of the make before “Saferich” and on Googling them I’ve discovered they are run flat tyres.

My instinct tells me to change them for normal tyres I’ve checked in the boot and I have one of those repair kits... thoughts anyone?

Soldato
Just brought a Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2019

On looking at the tyres I’d never heard of the make before “Saferich” and on Googling them I’ve discovered they are run flat tyres.

My instinct tells me to change them for normal tyres I’ve checked in the boot and I have one of those repair kits... thoughts anyone?

I've just changed from Bridgestone run flats to Michelin MP4S on my BMW.
Ride quality is better & quieter, sold my old tyres for £250 so good outcome all round for me IMO.

Car didn't come with a repair kit or spare due to the RFT's so I've purchased a can of gunge & a small compressor to carry in the boot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Due some tyres shortly on my mondeo estate, 235/40/18, looking at either the conti sport contact 6, premium contact 6, Goodyear Eagle F1A5 or Michelin PS4. F1a5 works out about 25 quid cheaper than the others, don't need anything that has huge outright grip obviously but want them to last more than 5 mins. I have the premium contact 6 on there currently and they've lasted a good 4 years and about 28k so far give or take.

I just fitted a set of F1 Asymmetric 5 to my car and can highly recommend.

Soldato
Bought 4 x F1 Asymmetric 5 last October. Done about 7.5K since then....this morning the front left had a slow puncture :eek: which turned out to be 2 large slashes across the tread pattern in 2 different areas about 4inches apart so I got it replaced for a new one.

While my car was on the lift had a good look at the other 3 tyres they have not worn at all its incredible :eek: 7.5K of mainly hard driving in all weathers & these tyres not only offer incredible grip & comfort & low road noise but no wear either! Amazing tyre!!! :D

Associate
Kwik Fit we’re doing 15% off a set of 4 F1A5 but the offer ended on Saturday. They’re now giving 10% off (two or more) and their prices already seem cheaper than the rest. Offer is on until the end of May so I might be biting, just kicking myself over the extra 5%

Soldato
Kwik Fit we’re doing 15% off a set of 4 F1A5 but the offer ended on Saturday. They’re now giving 10% off (two or more) and their prices already seem cheaper than the rest. Offer is on until the end of May so I might be biting, just kicking myself over the extra 5%
Order online in advance though :eek: instore is RRP £92 as I found out yesterday when arguing about why slightly more!

Associate
Order online in advance though :eek: instore is RRP £92 as I found out yesterday when arguing about why slightly more!
I’m in a real dilemma, I brought my car two weeks ago, a Jaguar XF Sportbrake. The tyres are virtually brand new Saferich run flats. I’ve had the car long enough now to decide the ride is slightly too harsh and firm. The bumps in the road really vibrate through the car and road noise is more than I’d expect.

I’d hate to blow £450 and notice an absolute marginal difference, it would be different if I only had a few months life in the tyres. I just wish I could jump out of one car and into another and observe the difference.

My old car was a Freelander 2 I’m fearful that I’m judging the smoothness of that over standard road services to the Jag

Man of Honour
I know I keep telling myself that too
If you drive at 3/10ths you're probably fine for 99.9% of the time. But you don't want to find out what the limits of the ditch finders are, when you are a passenger to the XF heading for a ditch. Is that assurance worth £450?
(Aad personally, having swapped from Bridgestone run flats to Michelin PS4S, the ride quality is a night and day difference)

Soldato
I’m in a real dilemma, I brought my car two weeks ago, a Jaguar XF Sportbrake. The tyres are virtually brand new Saferich run flats. I’ve had the car long enough now to decide the ride is slightly too harsh and firm. The bumps in the road really vibrate through the car and road noise is more than I’d expect.

I’d hate to blow £450 and notice an absolute marginal difference, it would be different if I only had a few months life in the tyres. I just wish I could jump out of one car and into another and observe the difference.

My old car was a Freelander 2 I’m fearful that I’m judging the smoothness of that over standard road services to the Jag
Good tyres make a massive difference! Personally I would go for the F1A5 safety, comfort, low road noise make a big difference!

Saferich are budget tyres :rolleyes: personally if you drive a Jaguar XF Sportbrake I would be looking for the best tyres I could get ;)

Associate
Good tyres make a massive difference! Personally I would go for the F1A5 safety, comfort, low road noise make a big difference!

Saferich are budget tyres :rolleyes: personally if you drive a Jaguar XF Sportbrake I would be looking for the best tyres I could get ;)
I’ve just got it booked in to Halfords, they’ve a 15% off code on the F1A5 245/45/18 set of four fitted for £441.96 They are slightly higher starting price than Kwik Fit who have a 10% code so it works out the same price

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I’ve just got it booked in to Halfords, they’ve a 15% off code on the F1A5 245/45/18 set of four fitted for £441.96
Good choice. Glad we could help you to come to the correct decision :p
Tell us what you think after the tyres are swapped lol

Back
Top Bottom