*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
When I first went into oculus air - it was awful. Running at like 5 FPS. Proper slide show. I googled it and found that it may have been a rogue setting from Oculus Tool Tray. It was. It was still set to 350 which what link was set to. I set it to 150 which is minimum but thankfully my router allows that.
It was fine after that. Seemed decent to me but....gonna be controversial. I prefer VD from my initial testing. On high and with 100Mbs bitrate on 90fps it’s a joy. And with super sampling via steamVR it’s even better.
My specs are:
i7 8700k
3070 rtx
32 Gb DDR4 2666
Ssd’s

I got mine running great following advice from melmac which greatly helped me.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
That's odd. Couldn't imagine that any half decent switch would have trouble managing the throughput.

ok figured it out its not the switch or any of my equipment its a bug with Airlink it appears it doesn't like anything higher than 1gbe or else it stutters and lags like a bitch (VD Is fine)

after testing loads of things plugging my PC with the 5gbe port into one of the 1gbe ports on the switch everything is perfect and i couldn't be happier with the visuals and performance

i mainly use 5gbe when transferring stuff from my nas but can live with 1gbe for now while they fix it going to raise a ticket with oculus
lol probably wont fix for months or even acknowledge but with more PCs shipping with 2.5gbe + these days there's hope they might take it seriously

Soldato
You wait till you try wireless on v28 then, you can manually update if you can't wait and it's very easy to do
Can't wait to try it! Been using the cable all day to get the best graphical experience. No lag or stutters as well which is a big bonus! Hopefully airlink will work equally as well.

Same here no v28 update for me yet, I was really hoping to of had it for the weekend

It really annoying as i seemed to got the crappy v27 update straight away when it came out ..
Same i got V27 straight away when i connected it via link, got a feeling im gonna be one of the very last ones to receive the update lol.

Soldato
I can't get Skyrim VR to work with Airlink for some reason. Maybe because it's a modded game that uses a mod loader. I tried a few more games, and I can't get an amazing signal two floors down, but I can play in the bedroom underneath my router with no issues.

Quality wise, as always the image seems a little soft - I do prefer the sharpness of a dedicated PC headset, but the fact I can play all my PC Oculus games, and most steam ones as well at a level of smoothness I've only seen on wired connections is amazing.

I just spent half an hour dusting off an old game called 'From Other Suns' and it was great to play that wirelessly and see it far clearer than it used to be on the Oculus Rift. I think this is definitely going to be my preferred way for playing Oculus exclusive games. I also think my expensive Official link cable is now a bit redundant.

Soldato
ok figured it out its not the switch or any of my equipment its a bug with Airlink it appears it doesn't like anything higher than 1gbe or else it stutters and lags like a bitch (VD Is fine)

after testing loads of things plugging my PC with the 5gbe port into one of the 1gbe ports on the switch everything is perfect and i couldn't be happier with the visuals and performance

i mainly use 5gbe when transferring stuff from my nas but can live with 1gbe for now while they fix it going to raise a ticket with oculus
lol probably wont fix for months or even acknowledge but with more PCs shipping with 2.5gbe + these days there's hope they might take it seriously

That's good work!! Like, Air Link doesn't even come close to using 1/3 of a Gigabit connection, Why would it matter that you have a higher speed connection between devices?? I would have been a long time working it out :)

They are releasing an update version next week, so maybe that might fix that issue.

Associate
Both my pc and quest2 are updated to v28 but while I can turn on airlink in the pc app the option isn't there on the quest, I'm wondering if it because my pc doesn't have wifi but it's plugged in to a BT wholehome wifi network disk.

This hasn't been an issue when using Virtual Desktop which connected straight away without me having to do anything.

Has anyone else run in to this issue?

Soldato
Both my pc and quest2 are updated to v28 but while I can turn on airlink in the pc app the option isn't there on the quest, I'm wondering if it because my pc doesn't have wifi but it's plugged in to a BT wholehome wifi network disk.

This hasn't been an issue when using Virtual Desktop which connected straight away without me having to do anything.

Has anyone else run in to this issue?
Go to experimental features and reset all features. I had to do this on my quest to get airlink to show up

Back
Top Bottom