Future build (depending on gpu outlook)

Associate
Hi all, I’ve recently started doing a little sim racing (rfactor 2) but my computer of choice at the moment is a 27” iMac that’s running windows 10 it’s got a Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M gpu... it’s not too bad but I have everything set to the lower end

given the current climate with gpu’s I was thinking about building a new rig towards the end of the year, I’m thinking about a z590 motherboard and a i9-10900k but who knows on a gpu... would like to spend no more than £2.5k would like it to be quite and not a fan of all the leds...

any suggestions

Soldato
given the current climate with gpu’s I was thinking about building a new rig towards the end of the year
Then it's best to do part choises closer to that time.
Though of course it's good to follow hardware.

Anyway retail graphics card availability is such that if you order it now, you might get it maybe in fall.
Taking PC with assembly bought would be faster with shops preserving part of GPUs they get for those PCs.

Intel should have launched their DG2 GPU which should not have availability issues.
Pretty sure miners are going to find use for any GPGPU power and scalpers are going to hog the rest.
There just isn't any big new amounts of manufacturing capacity coming in near future.

Associate
OP
Thanks both, yea I did read about intel entering the gpu market which can only be a good thing but I do wonder if the prices will ever drop back to last year’s levels

thanks

Soldato
The only way to get a decent GPU right now is to go down the route of a prebuilt. A 2.5k budget would give you plenty of options.

Back
Top Bottom