• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Associate
I was really looking for a 6800xt or a 3080 but in today's market i think its more get what you can, and as i game at 1440p the 6700xt was a good upgrade from my 1070.

Soldato
I got stung by one earlier in this week, sad times but been with a GTX 960 for way too long.

Indeed, sad times but for the price of a 6700XT... that's 6800, 3080 money.

I'm keeping an eye out for another batch of Sapphires to drop and i'll just bite the bullet.

I hesitated last time as my mindset was saying no, a few hours later all had disappeared.

6700 XT card are easier to come by thou.

Associate
What a pain in the rear this PCIE riser business is. I take the blame for flashing the MB BIOS yesterday morning, but the lesson I learned is that if I need to clear CMOS or flash the x570 BIOS (didn't need to, just FOMO) in future, I need a PCIE gen 3 card or older.

With the x570 MB defaulting to Auto, and having a gen 4 card like the 6700XT all sorts of weird stuff happened. Black screens, BIOS impossibly slow to use - as in takes 10 seconds to draw the screen. Even though I know all I have to do is navigate to the PCIE gen setting I gave up and pulled a RTX 2060 from my other machine to do it.

Spent an hour trying different ways of re-flashing the MB BIOS as it behaved like I had bricked it.

All fine now. Apart from this I love my NZXT H1 case. :)

Edit: I see all this is spelt out on the NZXT website's H1 FAQ, but still :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Question?
using my card with a
HZ30WiE V2.0 10-Bit 30" LED Widescreen Professional Monitor
using a 1.2 displayport cable and the Bios is garbled (letters under the mouse)useable but barely
Anyone else getting this?
Display is absolutely fine in Windows and gaming
Any thoughts please? :)
Have tried different displayports,no change.hdmi port is used for my VR headset

Soldato
Can other 6700xt owners check this

Fv6FQdo.jpg

Do you only have that custom brightness option now instead of sharpness etc like it used to. If your the same as me, maybe submit a bug report using the button for it at top of drivers next to question mark.

Associate
Can other 6700xt owners check this

Fv6FQdo.jpg

Do you only have that custom brightness option now instead of sharpness etc like it used to. If your the same as me, maybe submit a bug report using the button for it at top of drivers next to question mark.

Mine is the same, what else should it show ?

Back
Top Bottom