Valorant

Associate
Can't see a thread about this game.
I love FPS ( CS GO mainly ) and I got Valorant today ( free of course )

It's excellent, I think it's even better than CS GO

Man of Honour
I see things with this game are going pretty much exactly how I said they would :( not that I take any satisfaction from it.

I'm guessing from the posts by screeeech here and others on Reddit a lot of the devs are jumping ship as well.

Associate
OP
Im sure some people on this game are hacking.
Go round the corner and half a second later, boom headshot on me.

I came first in a deathmatch by 10 points ( once ) and every other time I come last, doesn't make sense

There are hackers on every game but I can confidently say that I haven't come across many at all, certainly nothing blatant in the past year or so. I'm surprised it's not more popular on here as it is a very good game with a lot of depth, hit reg is also on point. It is a hard game though with some proper good players as you climb up the ranks and I can see why some may think there are cheaters as all it takes is one bullet to the head and you are dead.

Associate
Im sure some people on this game are hacking.
Go round the corner and half a second later, boom headshot on me.

I came first in a deathmatch by 10 points ( once ) and every other time I come last, doesn't make sense

Its not hacking its just so easy to predict, plus you can fire through walls, people know all the points to prefire at plus headshots are so easy when moving compared to CS. Its pants.

Soldato
I've only got into Valorant in the last month. Not played CS:GO but played 1.6 and CSS.

I really enjoy it, have been playing on NA servers to play with a friend but as long as I do East or Central, I get about 75-100 ping which I can live with. Being an 'older' gamer I won't ever keep up with the young'uns but I hold my own :D

Can't say i've ever experienced any obvious hackers, if you watch the good players on Youtube I can see how you could see it as hacking but it's just another level. Worst thing is just toxic team mates which i've definitely experienced more of on NA servers :p

Soldato
Absolutely loving Valorant at the moment. I hated it when it was in beta, felt all wrong as an FPS, i detested the invasive nature of the anticheat. However now that lots of friends are playing it, and we've got into 5 stacking on it, having tons of fun.

Breach is #1! How any lineup ever leaves him out is beyond me. Currently hovering at plat 2/3 area, can't quite seem to break into diamond.

It's nice and fresh coming from CSGO, which i'd grown tired of.....it's still the better game from a competitive and spectator point of view, but needs freshening up in some way.

Associate
There was one that was streaming on twitch recently that got banned mid game, he was getting headshots but the stream was showing his mouse and he wasn’t even clicking when the headshots were happening.

Soldato
You know what really does my head in about this game is numpties playing on eu servers with 170 to 200 ping it's a damn disgrace. They don't speak a word of English and ruin it for everyone. This crap was going on in beta and everyone said it needs ping limited but do they bother no they do not. Too busy adding stupid skins.

Soldato
Normally I only have paris 1 and 2 and london. Removed both and left London only seems to be helping a bit. This game has many many toxic morons in it though when your not on with mates.

Soldato
Normally I only have paris 1 and 2 and london. Removed both and left London only seems to be helping a bit. This game has many many toxic morons in it though when your not on with mates.

aye, I’m completely drained from ranked.
  • If you lose pistol + 2nd round 50/50 chance a teammate will call for surrender on the 4th round or W/e is earliest it can be called.
  • Players leaving a ranked game for no reason. Sometimes even when your winning.
  • Teammates getting tilted because someone dared to ask if anyone has a microphone during pick stage.
  • Players insta locking Reyna/jett then throwing if you don’t choose the hero they want you to play.
  • Skill level all over the place, silver 3 that look like they lost their thumbs or are playing on a controller.
  • Bronze 2 Jetts dropping 30+ kills with their teammates on 6-7 kills.

Soldato
Not found that many moron Reyna players so far but Jett has to be the most toxic played character for sure. I can count on one hand since beta how many jett players have been decent team mates. I have lost so many matches I went from Gold to Bronze and you know what the players seem less toxic hah.

Still playing this daily, I've spent most of this season stuck in mid gold, it's a proper **** storm in gold with smurfs and completely random players doing whatever they want, very hard to progress but I've grinded up to platinum 2 again and it's almost a different game as you get higher with decent players who communicate and less toxic people.

Soldato
Still playing this daily, I've spent most of this season stuck in mid gold, it's a proper **** storm in gold with smurfs and completely random players doing whatever they want, very hard to progress but I've grinded up to platinum 2 again and it's almost a different game as you get higher with decent players who communicate and less toxic people.

I'm in Plat 3 and I've found Plat 3 is the worst place to be, because with it being the highest a player can calibrate, it means you've either got tons of people who deserve to be Diamond and above who calibrated here, or cheaters. Been stuck there for ages with temporary bounces down to Plat2 and up to diamond 1, and we keep getting games we stomp or games we get stomped, never seems to be balanced.

Did play an unranked game a few weeks ago and we were against a Jett who thankfully wasn't toxic....but was an ex-csgo pro. It's a whole different tier of difficult at that point. He ended on over 40 frags while everyone else on his team were in the mid-low teens.

I'm in Plat 3 and I've found Plat 3 is the worst place to be, because with it being the highest a player can calibrate, it means you've either got tons of people who deserve to be Diamond and above who calibrated here, or cheaters. Been stuck there for ages with temporary bounces down to Plat2 and up to diamond 1, and we keep getting games we stomp or games we get stomped, never seems to be balanced.

Did play an unranked game a few weeks ago and we were against a Jett who thankfully wasn't toxic....but was an ex-csgo pro. It's a whole different tier of difficult at that point. He ended on over 40 frags while everyone else on his team were in the mid-low teens.

Hmm, seems totally random then :D. its weird, I will go for a long stretch with win 1 lose 1 and so on, then I will get a streak and make progress. My problem is that I am quite inconsistent, some days cant miss and aother cant hit a thing but that's my age most likely.

Saying that, everyone has a ceiling I suppose, reckon I am a platinum player and will struggle in diamond but lets see, I am 45 years old now so dont have a problem in plat.

Back
Top Bottom