Stowaway | Netflix

Soldato

On a mission headed to Mars, an unintended stowaway accidentally causes severe damage to the spaceship’s life support systems. Facing dwindling resources and a potentially fatal outcome, the crew is forced to make an impossible decision. Directed by Joe Penna and starring Anna Kendrick, Daniel Dae Kim, Shamier Anderson and Toni Collette. Coming to Netflix April 22nd.

Man of Honour
First half had some decent attention to detail, some good sound editing though the music kept wanting to be Interstellar while trying to pretend it wasn't. But by about half way through I didn't really care where it was going and it was like the writers lost interest as well with a predictable ending to wrap it up.

Soldato
First half had some decent attention to detail, some good sound editing though the music kept wanting to be Interstellar while trying to pretend it wasn't. But by about half way through I didn't really care where it was going and it was like the writers lost interest as well with a predictable ending to wrap it up.

I got this feeling too.

Also annoyingly:
The way she went off to die whilst getting the oxygen tank was pretty poor. Worst of all is that was the end of the film, I was at least expecting an end story for the other 3

Soldato
Also the whole side of the fuel ship thing, surly when she removed the hatch its travelling the same rate relative to everything else, why would it act like their is suddenly gravity pulling it down?

Soldato
Also the whole side of the fuel ship thing, surly when she removed the hatch its travelling the same rate relative to everything else, why would it act like their is suddenly gravity pulling it down?

I didn't get that, also would spinning in space create gravity?

The non tethering also annoyed me, as did the fact a massive 500psi oxygen tank in that big rocket, only have enough gas to fill two tiny bottles to 250psi each, lol. Plus the silly wobbly pipe clamp they used to clamp it on and pierce the pipe.

Soldato
Gets a 5.6 on imdb. So it's a solid not worth my time. Shame as the description and cast seems like it could have been decent.

How to people even keep their jobs at production companies when selecting crappy scripts and putting together poor films. Three ratings of less than 7 and you should be out.

Soldato
OP
Visually it looked well but so many plotpoints etc that didn't make any sense that have been 100s of times in previous space movies, I thought this would go a different way that it did. Something to have on in the background and occasionally glance up / over at.

Tea Drinker
Don
Was okay and a interesting concept but then lost it in the last third.

Miriam or whatever her name is as the commander started well but then her conversations with the ground crew turned into whinging.

Soldato
Watched this last night and it had so many plot holes that I got angry with it.

How did the stowaway get shut in behind a bolted down panel?

Who designs a spacecraft that will be in transit for 5 months each way that only has a single CO2 scrubber AND carries no spares?

Why couldn’t they halt the craft’s spin and then wind the cables back in so that the resources in the propulsion section was just a few metres away?

Soldato
I started watching, but got bored. Wife watched it and said it was crap.

For holes in the science, ask Scott Manley on his YouTube channel. He was the science consultant on the film, although such peoples' advice are often ignored in favour of what serves the plot or looks better on screen.

Soldato
No it was never explained.
I just assumed he was some launch tech, that somehow got stuck in there.

How anyone on the ground failed to notice this is the far fetched part.

And technically if that was the case, he wouldn't be a stowaway.

Back
Top Bottom