• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
You'll be lucky if you can find a series x.
I'v been looking for months.

I got one today walking into John Lewis. Didn't even plan on it, went to Cardiff to get a guitar case, just thought i'd might as well ask while i am in town.

I was looking for a PS5 mainly but planning to have both anyway and asked a staff, who said they had a X-box Series S in the back of the stock room. She went to get it and came out with a Series X. With a dent on the box where the controller sits underneath, and Reduce to Clear? I tried to be cheeky to ask for it for £400 but paid sticker lol Everything inside still sealed in plastic.

0LVpRGB.jpg

idhTlp2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That's very good going, well done

Got an xCloud browser invite, played 5 mins of Halo on it before work; a bit clunky and takes awhile to sync, but fundamentally it's pretty sound. Think I'll probably play some less intense games on it.

Still umming and ahhing over the wireless headset

Caporegime
OP
Have you invitees to the Xcloud on browser beta all been Xbox Live Gold users for a pretty long time? I'm wondering if it's because I'm a newbie they aren't inviting me yet. :p Or it could be that they invited me to the iOS beta last year and I only used it for a couple of minutes because the iPad mini screen was too small for my liking.

Soldato
No invite here :/

Why dont they just stick in the insider app and let everyone on it who wants it?

---

Renewed my sub on 12th april, and the 2 weeks before auto renew was disabled, so in terms of been picked I think the timing was awful, as I expect they wouldnt be picking with non auto renewing subs about to expire.

Although I still think this should have been an insider thing, is odd to have a testing program and then not use it.

Last edited:
Associate
I guess it’s up to you and whether the extra performance is worth almost double the price.

Only you can make that decision though. Some people have the X and are happy with their choice. Others are happier with the cheap S.

I think I might go with series S and Playstation 5. It might be a better combo

Soldato
Have you invitees to the Xcloud on browser beta all been Xbox Live Gold users for a pretty long time? I'm wondering if it's because I'm a newbie they aren't inviting me yet. :p Or it could be that they invited me to the iOS beta last year and I only used it for a couple of minutes because the iPad mini screen was too small for my liking.

I haven't had an invite yet, i've had Xbox Gold since the original Xbox, lol.

I don't have much use for it just yet though.

Soldato
Guys should I get series x or s? I have a 4k oled tv

If it's not a question of money, then definitely get the X. More storage, more power, better console in the long-run so I'd definitely go for that. I originally pre-ordered the S but then changed my pre-order to an X and I've not looked back since. I know I wouldn't have been happy if I'd stuck with the S.

Soldato
Oh ok like with John Lewis giving 2 years on some stuff, although that's free.

The Xbox warranty from MS direct gets you two replacement controllers and Xbox Series X consoles no matter the issue, accidental damage included, for three years. It only costs £39.99 for that cover and you can only get it if you bought the console directly from MS.

Soldato
The Xbox warranty from MS direct gets you two replacement controllers and Xbox Series X consoles no matter the issue, accidental damage included, for three years. It only costs £39.99 for that cover and you can only get it if you bought the console directly from MS.

Yeah that's decent. I pray my console luck continues in that I've never had a faulty on since the NES. Just peeling rubber on ds4 and dodgy y button on the SX pad.

Back
Top Bottom