• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
A quick read on google and there seems to be a fair amount of issues with PS5 and external drives connected to rear USB ports. A few mention speed differences too.

It’s working now as it should so will leave it alone and look into a swap when they are more readily available if it’s a fault it could be a software bug from what I have been reading...
I think there have been reports since day one of this happening to a lot of people and using external HDDs, I think it’s a software issue. Hopefully anyway. As it should allow Sony to iron it out. Wonder why it’s taking them so long though..

- edit. I haven’t personally had any issue. But then again I’m not using any external hard drive. The only thing plugged into my console is the usb dongle for my headset (usb C on the front)

Soldato
Yeah no idea what is going on but swapping the USB port has fixed it for some reason maybe it’s a software hitch who knows. Left it last night downloading and it’s downloaded and installed all 700GB to the external SSD without a hitch so all good.

Soldato
I think there have been reports since day one of this happening to a lot of people and using external HDDs, I think it’s a software issue. Hopefully anyway. As it should allow Sony to iron it out. Wonder why it’s taking them so long though..

- edit. I haven’t personally had any issue. But then again I’m not using any external hard drive. The only thing plugged into my console is the usb dongle for my headset (usb C on the front)

I think there have been reports since day one of this happening to a few people and using external HDDs.....
*Corrected*

Soldato
Guys, stupid question I know, but as I'm not as familiar with Playstation/PSN, wanted to ask:
The free games currently being given out; do I need to *download* them for them to be added to my account and stay there after the offer appears; or is it enough to simply 'buy/add them to my account' using PSN via my PC.
I understand some are finishing very soon and I'll be gutted if I lose them because I didn't download them!

Soldato
PS5 disc version had it a couple of weeks. I've already got complaints with the fans not sounding right and I've got to send it off to Sony for a repair at some point.

I did notice a mark on both sides of the console. On each white panel. Anyone else seen this ? shows up more in different light and different angles. But its definitely there.

Please see attached pictures.

Associate
PS5 disc version had it a couple of weeks. I've already got complaints with the fans not sounding right and I've got to send it off to Sony for a repair at some point.

I did notice a mark on both sides of the console. On each white panel. Anyone else seen this ? shows up more in different light and different angles. But its definitely there.

Please see attached pictures.

Yeah it's normal

Back
Top Bottom