Bbq choice?

Caporegime
Lighting a weber is about as hard as faffing with a gas canister.

Pour half a chimney starter of charcoal
Light 2 lighter cubes underneith
Wait for 10-15 mins until it's roaring hot
Pour into BBQ
Cook

It also requires no cleaning (other than emptying the ash tray every few weeks). I've not cleaned mine in over a year, just a quick brush down with some scrunched up tin foil after use and job done. With gas you end up with grease in all the little crevices which tends to smell of old cooking oil after a while.

Would you say lighting something other than a kettle BBQ will be as quick? i.e. something like this? https://www.argos.co.uk/product/868...W_l71uxkfNR4jMTarx0aApMgEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I want to try charcoal, but honestly prefer to just click it in if I want to cook something outside haha

Soldato
Too expensive :)
Agreed, go second hand. Can pick them up for less than £100. I wouldn't waste your money on run of the mill stuff from Argos. Will look great this year but I can guarantee it'll be in the skip in 5 years time. I've had my weber since 2012, it's been used probably 300+ times and it's still as good as new.

Caporegime
Look second hand. It's the wrong time of year now, but sometimes on gumtree or FB marketplace you can find a quality weber with plenty of life in it for 100 quid if you go and pick it up.

Agreed, go second hand. Can pick them up for less than £100. I wouldn't waste your money on run of the mill stuff from Argos. Will look great this year but I can guarantee it'll be in the skip in 5 years time. I've had my weber since 2012, it's been used probably 300+ times and it's still as good as new.

Which is all great, but I need something for this summer.

I also prefer the rectangle layout with warming tray, a lot of the kettles don't have that

Don't mind spending £100 if it's going to last a few years tbh

taB

taB

Associate
Parents in law seem to buy a new £100 bbq every year pretty much. My last Weber lasted 10 and I didn't look after it that well. I know who's ahead on spend and I cook better grub too...

Back
Top Bottom