Spamtastic - Who do you get the most junk mail from?

Soldato
Just checked an account that's been idle for about 3 months and it had a couple of hundred from Gumtree ( just because i asked a seller a question about a item ) and about the same again from a facebook spammer even though i don't use facebook. :rolleyes:

I'm sure i've not thought this topic through properly when references to Enlargement devices start being posted. :)

Caporegime
Surely if you're getting loads from a large established company it is because you've already agreed to receive mails and should tick the relevant box/setting to stop receiving it.

Man of Honour
My main account gets hardly any spam these days, my second account gets quite a lot of mailshots from 1-2 companies I once bought Christmas presents for people from several years ago (despite unticking any marketing options) and "Expert Reviews" which I've had for years and not sure what originally started that - probably some long dead subscription to a PC mag or something I had. They just get auto filtered into the spam folder anyhow rather than trying to unsubscribe, etc.

Associate
My hotmail account has been getting around 10 spam emails a day for the last couple of months.

Apparently Medium Amanda has important news for me. I have mentally projected to her what she can do with her important news but she keeps sending them. Obviously not a very good medium!
The rest tend to be "You have won, just click this link" type of emails.

On the plus side, I haven't got any from "Canadian Pharmacy" for awhile.

My Gmail continues to be spam free.

Soldato
Some horny muppet in the US has signed up to a load of "dating" sites using one my main emails which is both annoying and funny. I get about 10 - 15 spam emails like this every day with no way of unsubscribing so just get deleted in the junk folder.

"Hi there
I wanted to ask you point blank: how about indulging in amazing sexual explorations along with a girl looking to do something about that lust of hers.
Here is something I need: to take on a capable and passionate lover that will ravish me in public bathrooms when we go on dates"

I think the public bathrooms line is a bit much, you have to pay to use some of them now

Soldato
My work email is worse than my personal emails. Blocking domains seems to have no effect. Most of it is people flogging conferences and research reports with the odd recruiter touting for business thrown in.

Been years since any retired Nigerian generals needed my help.

Soldato
My hotmail account has been getting around 10 spam emails a day for the last couple of months.

Apparently Medium Amanda has important news for me. I have mentally projected to her what she can do with her important news but she keeps sending them. Obviously not a very good medium!
The rest tend to be "You have won, just click this link" type of emails.

On the plus side, I haven't got any from "Canadian Pharmacy" for awhile.

My Gmail continues to be spam free.

Medium Amanda hitting me hard also lol

Commissario
I sometimes check my gmail spam and most of it is ‘earn thousands with bitcoin’ or ‘meet you local **** buddy tonight’

Soldato
OP
A payment has been received into yuor Blockchain Wallet, To view the details of your transaction on the blockchain, click on the attachment below.

I bet he is kicking himself , no edit on 1000s of emails. :)

Soldato
I have a couple of "gold" emails; ones that get mistaken for other peoples/close to people who have the same email but for some reason folk often miss off the suffix number or whatever.

Not spam, but much more interesting. One was a Waitrose employee staff room poster, occasional dick pics, and a course on bricklaying. Been quiet for ages which is disappointing.

Man of Honour
One was a Waitrose employee staff room poster

I had a genuine email from someone once who was looking for supermarket retail uniform, goodness knows why maybe a fetish - for some reason one of my friends, who works in retail and was approached through social media, thought it amusing to give the person my email address.

Apparently they particularly wanted used Argos or Asda branded uniform trousers...

Associate
My hotmail account has been getting a lot of spam of late. Most of it ends up in my spam folder automatically, but the odd one or two slip through to my inbox. Seems to come in waves.

Soldato
My work email is worse than my personal emails. Blocking domains seems to have no effect. Most of it is people flogging conferences and research reports with the odd recruiter touting for business thrown in.

Been years since any retired Nigerian generals needed my help.

My work email receives similar spam. It's got worse in the last quarter.

Back
Top Bottom