Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
IMG-20210422-231924-440.jpg

Soldato
You're right it is a 3.5 not a 4, my bad :)

Yup it's a Mk3.5 T.X, got a few options ticked too. The Mk.4 does indeed look amazing, especially the spec level in the Vignale. Unfortunately, Ford have just dropped the Vignale line and everything that was on it is an option on the T.X (HUD, adaptive LED headlights etc etc). Think I'll be looking for a different car when I come to replace this in '24, my original plan was to replace it with a '22 (or so) Vignale but that ain't an option anymore.

Associate
Slightly crazy week but have a new addition to the fleet as I won a car last week from one of the facebook competition raffle websites, now have 4 cars which is admittedly a little daft for me on my own without a much bigger driveway.

DSCF0466.jpg

It's a 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport, a great fun little car with some nice mods but have put it up for sale already - if I can sell this or my Noble in the next month it would save me a few £k with my remortgage so makes sense albeit a more boring option than keeping it a little longer :) Very surreal having a few emails, a short phone call and then a chap comes and drops a car off outside my house hands me the keys and leaves :D

Soldato
Yup it's a Mk3.5 T.X, got a few options ticked too. The Mk.4 does indeed look amazing, especially the spec level in the Vignale. Unfortunately, Ford have just dropped the Vignale line and everything that was on it is an option on the T.X (HUD, adaptive LED headlights etc etc). Think I'll be looking for a different car when I come to replace this in '24, my original plan was to replace it with a '22 (or so) Vignale but that ain't an option anymore.

I think Ford are really struggling to find their place in the market currently with the burst in popularity of the likes of Hyundai and Kia, as well as the more premium brands being more accessible to a lot of people with the likes of PCP/HP. I don't think the Vignale sold in very good numbers at all unfortunately.

Man of Honour
In standard form, one of the more disappointing cars I have driven, though very easily fixed with some sensible tweaks.

All that to one side however one of the most incredible looking cars out there. A thing of utter beauty and probably a future classic. Stunning to behold.

Soldato
In standard form, one of the more disappointing cars I have driven, though very easily fixed with some sensible tweaks.

All that to one side however one of the most incredible looking cars out there. A thing of utter beauty and probably a future classic. Stunning to behold.
Yes they are somewhat flawed but the character makes the car imo, all of it's best points are also it's worst :p. It was mislaunched entirely aiming at the Cayman crowd when really it's an Elise's crazy hairy chested Italian Uncle.

I keep thinking about going up a level to a 570s / R8 V10+ / GT3 but you're talking at least 3x to the TCO and I'm not sure it's worth it. This thing costs buttons to run and is slowly creeping up in value (admittedly that's the market right now for everything), I can take it on track without spending £1000 on consumables and you can park it next to other hot stuff and it sort of blends in.....

OWa1HL5h.jpg

Associate
Typical rotary.....

51141675342_f0e0c2d4d6_c.jpg

Only kidding, just in for some preventative maintenance and post purchase inspection. Only 1 droplink found to be a little ropey, not too shabby.

Man of Honour
I keep thinking about going up a level to a 570s / R8 V10+ / GT3 but you're talking at least 3x to the TCO and I'm not sure it's worth it. This thing costs buttons to run and is slowly creeping up in value (admittedly that's the market right now for everything), I can take it on track without spending £1000 on consumables and you can park it next to other hot stuff and it sort of blends in.....

Ah yes, the cost justification question. Can't help with that one. For that you need the man maths spreadsheet.

The cars you mention (I had 2 of the 3) are hugely quicker on track than the 4C but as you say come with much bigger running costs.

OcUK Staff
Slightly crazy week but have a new addition to the fleet as I won a car last week from one of the facebook competition raffle websites, now have 4 cars which is admittedly a little daft for me on my own without a much bigger driveway.

DSCF0466.jpg

It's a 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport, a great fun little car with some nice mods but have put it up for sale already - if I can sell this or my Noble in the next month it would save me a few £k with my remortgage so makes sense albeit a more boring option than keeping it a little longer :) Very surreal having a few emails, a short phone call and then a chap comes and drops a car off outside my house hands me the keys and leaves :D

That is actually really a good looking little car, if it was not for having the GR Yaris I'd probably have thrown some monies at you for that.

Yes they are somewhat flawed but the character makes the car imo, all of it's best points are also it's worst :p. It was mislaunched entirely aiming at the Cayman crowd when really it's an Elise's crazy hairy chested Italian Uncle.

OWa1HL5h.jpg

I keep thinking about a GT3 as you can get a basic white 991.1 PDK in no thrills white for around 80-90k and engines have 10 year warranty so still a 2-3yr compulsary engine warranty left. To get into one I'd probably sell the Aston and M5 then cough up the remainder, but I don't really want to part with the Aston, its not the best drive far off it, but its hands down got the best steering feel and could be argued as the best looking and best sounding, just the clutch/manual is pretty poor and its quite a harsh ride. 70-100k is GT3, 570S, 430 money, I'd rule the last one out as I've got a 458 but for you a 430 could be a great move from the 4C, most modern cars are so capable they are actually quite boring on our UK roads at legal speeds, a GT3 PDK certainly is and a 570S absolutely is, a F430 though thats a raw visceral car that just sitting in it makes you feel awesome. Don't measure cars by performance but how they make you feel, but even after all that I can see myself back in a GT3 at some point, but when I think of GT3's I think do I want a cheap PDK one, or go I go 991.2 to get a manual and help make it more involving at legal speeds and then I think what I really want is a purple 991.1 RS with silver wheels becausde they look so damn good and then I come back to but could I change the 458 for one and even if the 911 is more useable, a better drive I just don't think I could do it. The Italian cars do have a charm that for me the Germans cannot match, bit like a British car I think, must be all the down falls giving some added character. :D

Soldato
I drive a 99 UK Integra DC2, I've owned this since 2007. Here is a picture from a Silverstone track day I did, it's the red one.

r9fDiZKuuIDuJUVlCdCisC_BSlCgKXIq1am1QfADBDpGNudkdh5IkrEzvo-gFHcv0x4UC27ok83YIKkm2Kd1FZdzhDImNg7tDhV4GGDlqOgKPCsaggBD3OrmBd8RziN977QUv2DBjDylc81hLSGNOmGLsnI-PBvTcMnMfwXSUtlwKe9GygpWSfoXvHX1mF8Zk_h643nLyVhS76KkSEDMpXpi5Mt9ACAmQzma7C29xnJsqctJRTjf3Qtkkc7s3vPdX5daadxAf-pl-MYfTW8I9_RRWyvgZFwVsZADkXZnlryfTXC3XFe9hDkaMVLnIbQJDRNSf6KSqIr6giFwnpiWA588beBmVlgk8q4cSEPvSZXcp4PXbmUqz5t_zUaZoBgCTyAiI2x3EANOBNh1l8AY75X1WyxkXxpGK3YgUcFfvO2ifxgAhp1re1bopfTDFMdRklPcXxCh1A8tUCFf3lQegDImcA5JyHFz3uf859SWhvGi3btFenXPsGyrSJoxVzxTPVTTE6jUKgHk5RpcrA6DHMvzTDWpT-Vf77gC6cru0Pt_fYDxdc4Rec2u65O7oaPB9e7r6U4kROTMsw_AZQgqJbwpC_avWG91LlyCufOYrxyRhRJMNovy8488PFzC419aaEkfe6hCy-2BPiHVPLVGNtasSu8y3y3V-EP0uU01WKfdfuMhKykTd5J-14umM9abCsmuLFxpVQECfahg2ByLOisr=w1061-h795-no

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom