*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
It's disabled by default as far as I know and also apps have to be updated for it, which after today they require it.

Check under privacy and tracking.

It is disabled like you said - does that mean by default apps are prevented from tracking you or that a user has to toggle the option first in order to see the ‘deny tracking’ option when they subsequently open an app?

Associate
It is disabled like you said - does that mean by default apps are prevented from tracking you or that a user has to toggle the option first in order to see the ‘deny tracking’ option when they subsequently open an app?

If it's disabled then Apps can't even request the device identifier, so they're prevented from tracking.

Soldato
It's disabled by default as far as I know and also apps have to be updated for it, which after today they require it.

Check under privacy and tracking.

It's not disabled, I guess as you say apps require an update or something or future apps you install will ask permission to track.

I checked under tracking and its enabled, "apps must request permission to track"

Also I can't find any report incidents in apple maps, is this only certain regions?

Soldato
Once again, Apple have released a software update for the Apple Watch that is too large to install on my series 3, even though the watch has nothing extra installed on it. The same thing happened with the last major watch update and I had to go through the rigmarole of backing it up, wiping it and reinstalling from scratch, which took several hours. All because Apple underspecced the ram on the Series 3 in the first place.

Soldato
Just upgraded to 14.5 immediately I noticed that my display is about 20-30% lower in brightness despite the brightness being turned up full. Turning True Tone off or on makes no difference. The brightness bar does nothing from about 40-100%.

iPhone mini 12.

Back
Top Bottom