• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
That's my PS5 sent back to Sony for repair on the fans.

Decent customer service on the PlayStation support number.

Print a pre paid label and find a box to put it in and drop off at post office.

They reckon 15 days turn around we will see.

Soldato
I find them a bit hit and miss. Depends on the game. Say I am trying to 100% all the crimes in Miles Morales - sometimes the card shows my progress then other times it doesn't. Valhalla showed me some progress like story completion etc but again it seemed to be correct sometimes and show certain percentages then the next time you went in it went back to 0% progress. I haven't really messed around with them much to be honest. It'll be interesting to see what Returnal makes of them as a new PS5 game releasing Friday. Depends on the developer as well of course.

Soldato
Ooh, returnal on Friday ! Got it loaded and ready to go :) got no plans to go out.. so should have the whole evening on it. Looking forward to it.
Yeah the more I see of it the more excited I am getting. It's got a kind of 3rd person Destiny/Metroid vibe which I am loving. I just hope it isn't too difficult!

Soldato
Yeah the more I see of it the more excited I am getting. It's got a kind of 3rd person Destiny/Metroid vibe which I am loving. I just hope it isn't too difficult!
Aye, I love games like enter the gungeon and binding of Isaac. So this should scratch the rogue lite itch ! I think I read somewhere that some reviewers have finished it, and said it was challenging, but never too difficult.

Soldato
Aye, I love games like enter the gungeon and binding of Isaac. So this should scratch the rogue lite itch ! I think I read somewhere that some reviewers have finished it, and said it was challenging, but never too difficult.
Good to know. I also read that it has roguelite elements like in Dead Cells where there is some sort of upgrade progression which you don't lose upon death. Also if you slay an areas boss they stay dead allowing you to move forward to the next area. Quite like the sound of that.

Soldato
That’s good. Fighting a boss a second time to progress sounds a bit tedious, even though most roguelites make you re fight every boss encounter. This sounds great

Soldato
I have been on the fence for Returnal, but it has sparked my interest the past couple of weeks - So will probably get this, also intrigued to see an actual PS5 game :D Looking forward to the 3D Audio, haptic feedback and triggers.

Roll on Friday :)

Soldato
I was the same with Returnal but it's been a while since I bought anything new on release day (since launch, actually) so I thought I'd treat myself. Looking forward to it. I am very intrigued to see how it'll play.

Associate
Agreed, it would be nice to have the option of more fast, internal storage.

Definitely, currently I've not needed to use a external USB drive as for one I done get to play much and not having many games to fill up the internal ssd. But when the NVME drives gets activated I will be installing a 2tb NVME to have the freedom and not have to worry about the drive filling up with PS5/4 games.

Caporegime
All these higher game prices are going to do is force people to be more selective about what they buy. I think they're just milking the day one gamers who can't wait a month or two after release to buy a game. I would expect the price to drop fairly fast once sales drop off.

Back
Top Bottom