Cancel culture expands to real life in the USA

Caporegime
A man who has not been charged or convicted of any crime suddenly found he is being refused travel by airlines and he's not being given any reason why, most Liberals (capital L because they're liberals in name only) are obviously celebrating it because they dislike his opinions and couldn't care less about defending liberal values.

https://twitter.com/NickJFuentes/status/1387056972252524545

So I’m on my way to a press conference to discuss how I’ve been banned from nearly all social media and tech services, and then I find out that I can’t even get there because I’ve been put on a no-fly list. This is overt political persecution. America is not a free country.

Make no mistake about it, I am being persecuted by the combined powers of the US federal government and its big business cronies. I have committed no crime yet I am censored, my bank account is frozen, and now I can’t even board a plane. All for having the wrong views.

Video:
https://twitter.com/NickJFuentes/status/1387157759532142595

Does anyone here find this acceptable? for me it's the sort of thing you see in authoritarian countries where they put political dissidents under house arrest to physically censor their opinions and ideas. So in Joe Biden's America, you are not only not allowed to have non-conformist opinions on the internet but you're also not allowed to travel across the country to voice them either, unless you take a 2 week road trip (for now).

Where is the corporate media outrage? they spent 4 years calling Trump a dictator/fascist every other day but not even a squeak about this, could it be they're part of the problem?

Soldato
He was going to a conference about being banned from social media, and he let us know about this injustice by tweeting it? I'm confused. Isn't this the chap that spends his days whining about the church across the road from his house flying pride flags?

Edit: Why are you defending this guy? He even participates in the wokeness you guys are so against by identifying as "white" when he is clearly of Mexican decent.

"
The Anti-Defamation League describes 22-year-old Fuentes as a "white supremacist." Both Fuentes and Secor have Hispanic ancestry, but Fuentes, who has Mexican roots, has said he identifies as white. He marched in the deadly 2017 Charlottesville rally, which he described as "incredible," and has been denounced by other conservative groups for his extreme views. He advocates a halt to all immigration to the U.S. to stop what he terms "the racial displacement" of white people. Variations on that theory — including the "Great Replacement" or "White Genocide" — are at the core of white supremacist propaganda.

Fuentes' show, America First, typically consists of apparently unscripted rants. He wears a suit and uses a green screen to digitally add a city skyline behind himself — creating the effect of a low-budget TV set.

Fuentes claims his most extreme statements attacking African Americans, immigrants, Jewish people, women, LGBT people and many others are satire. He has engaged in Holocaust denial and used other anti-Semitic rhetoric, only to later claim he was joking. Eventually, in February 2020, YouTube banned the show for violating the platform's policy on hate speech."​

Soldato
I stopped reading when the OP tried to twist the word "liberal" into an insult. This isn't the US ya know. We know what the word means.

Man of Honour
I've not looked into the details - has he genuinely been denied use of public transport or is this manufactured drama of being denied hijacking other reasons like credit card being declined, invalidating his booking, for genuine reasons, etc.?

Permabanned
Lots of terrorists are also on the no fly list, if this is true. Because he participated in the insurrection attempt.

Its no big deal or cancel culture, just MMJ with his wild conspiracies again. Get some professional help with your affliction.

Associate
I stopped reading when the OP tried to twist the word "liberal" into an insult. This isn't the US ya know. We know what the word means.
How did you arrive at that conclusion? OP said they identity as liberals but don't represent liberal values, which makes perfect sense imo. Idk how you have managed to perceive that as an insult?

Capodecina
Soldato
How did you arrive at that conclusion? OP said they identity as liberals but don't represent liberal values, which makes perfect sense imo. Idk how you have managed to perceive that as an insult?

I think the OP is describing the radical left, not the left as such. So the OP can still be a liberal but dislike the radical left. Which makes more sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom