Sainsbury's Car Parking Extravaganza

Man of Honour
That brings back memories - used to drive past that Sainsbury's several days a week for nearly 4 years.

Nearly 20 years ago now :o

Man of Honour
Hah - don't think I ever parked there though I've been inside a few times.

(Mostly got the train in from Grove Park to Bromley North when shopping).

Man of Honour
My favourite memory of Bromley was watching an ever increase number of traffic wardens (think it got up to half a dozen) at the parking space here literally getting down on hands and knees and getting out the tape measure, I got close and they were literally debating it, to see if a vehicle was fully in the parking bay or not: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.3...4!1sYHxTO6fBk7DM6gKtrxH4yA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Amusing that on Google street view there is a vehicle there clamped.

One of the most pitiful things I've witnessed as if it was out of the bay at the most it was over by millimetres if that.

Soldato
My favourite memory of Bromley was watching an ever increase number of traffic wardens (think it got up to half a dozen) at the parking space here literally getting down on hands and knees and getting out the tape measure, I got close and they were literally debating it, to see if a vehicle was fully in the parking bay or not: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.3...4!1sYHxTO6fBk7DM6gKtrxH4yA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

One of the most pitiful things I've witnessed as if it was out of the bay at the most it was over by millimetres if that.
lol, how funny what you say is exactly what was captured by Streetview.

If that chap pictured has done nothing else wrong, that is absolutely hysterical. Poor chap.

Man of Honour
lol, how funny what you say is exactly what was captured by Streetview.

If that chap pictured has done nothing else wrong, that is absolutely hysterical. Poor chap.

When I lived there the traffic wardens had a terrible reputation - wouldn't surprise me if the person parked there had done nothing wrong.

EDIT: Seems they haven't improved albeit they probably had the person dead to rights but still https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8169081/Parking-warden.html

Soldato

Professional jobsworths.

Caporegime
My default car park when I went to Havet for food. I'm sure that effort could have been put to use better elsewhere but if it makes his weekly shop more interesting...
I wonder if he’d sit and wait for a space he hasn’t parked in yet? Dozens of spaces but he’s just sitting waiting on someone leaving.

Soldato
I wonder if he’d sit and wait for a space he hasn’t parked in yet? Dozens of spaces but he’s just sitting waiting on someone leaving.

The Twitter thread includes an AMA! He said he only ever waited with the hazards on if he knew a space he was after was about to be vacated, otherwise he'd just take what he could get, consequently it took him 6 years worth of weekly shops to unlock this... achievement.

Caporegime
I've been to that Sainsburys a few times, always found it a pain to get a decent parking space due to how small a lot it is, much rather go to Sydenham or Charlton Sainsburys.
Bit out of your way, but I like the Crayford one.

I lived in Charlton for years, that area of it has got a bit swish lately, what with the M&S and coffee shops.

I would like to see a map of every pub I’ve been in over my lifetime.

Soldato
The extra dedication by having children and becoming registered for a blue badge to get the parent and child & disabled spaces ticked off really is on another level ;)

Back
Top Bottom