Xbox Project Xcloud

Soldato
The Spanish workaround was to get a Windows store app. This Beta is different as it is all in Borwser.

I tried using it on 20th and 21st. On 20th the performance was terrible, virtually unusable. When I tried it on 21st the performance had much improved, not perfect but certainly very responsive. I tested with Power Rangers Battle for the Grid.

Associate
OP
I gave GTA V a whirl earlier today on my Surface Pro with an old wired Xbox 360 controller and it was pretty impressive.

Am only on a 62/20 FTTC line as well, but have a Ubiquiti AP with a separate 5GHz Network.

Associate
I got an invite to the cloud gaming for PC and tried a couple of games earlier, it's laggy and the picture breaks up on y PC with a ryzen 1700x and 3080 on lan but runs a lot better on my surface pro 1 on wifi weirdly. Not sure why everything seems fine and the xbox networking results are the same on both.

Soldato
How does this compare to Geforce Now?

Not dissimilar. IIRC it's only 720p for now though (hardware upgrade to support higher resolutions was/is supposed to happen this year).

Neither quite manage what Google have with Stadia. As yet, that's the only cloud platform I could imagine using instead of a console or PC (if they had a Gamepass-style sub service). Still not as good as a local machine, but basically good enough.

Soldato
Guys how is your experience? I have 150mb connecting but I can still fell the lag. Its not snappy as I thought

It's still a beta though so I'm sure it's going to have problems for now. They'll no doubt iron things out as time goes on. That's why they're rolling it out slowly.

Caporegime
Got my invite last night so tried out Gears of War 2 this morning. Everything worked well. There is a bit more noticeable lag compared to PS Now but that might be something to do with web browser versus a dedicated app.

As far as I'm concerned, there's two missing pieces.

1 - 4K streaming with XBox Series X fidelity and
2 - The ability to stream games that you own but are not on Game Pass.

I think both these things are in the works though but probably a year or more out.

Soldato
I got my invite today. Tried Sea Of Thieves on my Surface. Only the left movement worked, the right to look around didn't (touch screen) and it was so jerky and laggy. Not playable at all but I understand it's a test and very much early days. I submitted feedback so hopefully it'll help them improve it!

Associate
Got my invite too,
The quality is a lot better than remote play

But the input lag is horrendous for me, I’ve got 1GB fibre so upload/download not an issue

Soldato
I tried Donut County last night on my Surface Laptop as a touch screen game; was a little tricky to get used to the controller aspect at first, but eventually you get the hang of it. Game itself was fairly smooth with no real lag on show compared to other more intensive titles...

Soldato
For everybody trying out xCloud, I encourage you to try out Google Stadia. There's a couple free games on there and it really does show how good cloud gaming can be.

Associate
For everybody trying out xCloud, I encourage you to try out Google Stadia. There's a couple free games on there and it really does show how good cloud gaming can be.

I've always had a half decent experience with Stadia,but only when I had the internet to myself at home. I've tried most of the services now and Stadia was better especially when I was subscribed to get the better performance.
Apart from that they all seem to perform pretty much the same to me.

Soldato
I've always had a half decent experience with Stadia,but only when I had the internet to myself at home. I've tried most of the services now and Stadia was better especially when I was subscribed to get the better performance.
Apart from that they all seem to perform pretty much the same to me.

My experience has been that Stadia has been no problem even with 2 kids streaming and the Mrs browsing the web. BUT that may well be helped by having a Nest router with the option to Prioritize Stadia Traffic"

GFN has come a close second in streaming quality and latency, but I'm not a fan of the interface, having to install on a cloud steam instance etc.

I've play some xCloud on mobile and worked well, although, to be, there was latency depending upon the game. The Touryst seemed fine, along with the Ori games. But Tomb raider had a very noticeable delay.

Back
Top Bottom