Amazon are an absolute joke

Caporegime
So I ordered a physical copy of Mortal Kombat 11 as it was on offer and today I receive this!

onyPNd8.jpg

Oh no, this isn’t looking good!

Open the case….

B8cLOSe.jpg

Oh god, it’s happened again! The envelope was sealed so it wasn’t the driver this time….looks like it was robbed at the depot.

Phone up customer service and they offer me a good will gesture of £7.99 refund for a month of prime…erm no chief, I wish to take this further.

Last edited:
Soldato
You mean it wasn't the driver this time. That sucks though, I had it happen with flight sim on pc years ago. It had a demo disc inside.

Caporegime
OP
Well I’ve just got off the phone, they’re refunding me two months prime membership, sending another copy.

I’m going to write a letter of complaint to them, after that I’m never ordering off Amazon again.

Caporegime
OP
It’s not their fault if somebody steals it along the way. They’re giving you a replacement and two months prime on top. Sounds decent enough to me. You’re overreacting imo.

In normal circumstances, I’d probably agree with you!

However, last November the PlayStation 5 i ordered from them was also stolen by the delivery driver, hence why this time I’m so ******* annoyed

Caporegime
It sucks, but a company as big as Amazon will always pick up a few undesirable employees and contractors along the way. There’s not really much they can do about it other than sack people on the spot if they are caught stealing, which I’m pretty sure they do.

Soldato
In normal circumstances, I’d probably agree with you!

However, last November the PlayStation 5 i ordered from them was also stolen by the delivery driver, hence why this time I’m so ******* annoyed
Did you actually get a replacement ps5 as if not I can understand your frustration.

Associate
It's funny how Amazon has redefined our expectations of a retailer. Prior to Amazon, if I received a package such as the above, I'd have been happy that the retailer believed it wasn't me that had stolen it and given me a refund / replacement.

With Amazon, not only do you not have to worry about being refunded, but you're getting compensation on top. And all for something which is ultimately totally out of their control (!). Yet you're still complaining .................. <sigh>

Back
Top Bottom