Stud Walls - how quick

Associate
How much of the job are you including in the timeframe? Just the studwork, or any prep (removal of any flooring/ceiling/wall finishes required), plasterboarding, plastering, decorating etc?

It also makes a difference in size as the larger it is, the more studs required, and therefore more to cut, join etc.

If it's just studwork and the job is simple (not too many stupid angles, no electrics to move etc), unless they're massive I'd have thought a decent tradesman would have it done in a day, 2 at most.

Soldato
I knocked two up in a day (not including plastering and painting) having never done it before and watching Youtube videos for guidance. I'd guess someone who actually had a clue what they were doing and had all the right tools could do all of yours in the same time it took me!

Can't type for toffee
Don
Random one but roughly. How long would you say it would take to build and install some stud walls.

Someone within the trade, guess chippy would be whom would install.

Say 8 of them all on level. Normal 4 bed size gaff.

thanks.

If yer able to mate just DIY it me and the missus dad knocked out a few rooms and rejgged the layout installing new walls.
The woodwork inside them (framing?) was the most time consuming bit just making sure they were all true and angles right.'

A level/laser and some form of angle finder, Chopsaw, a handfull of drillbits, fully charged batteries and a box of decent screws should see you fine :)
If you've not got the tools it's all ones that would be very useful in anyone's toolkit

Soldato
Knowing the house builders around me, they can usually put up a stud wall in around half an hour (including 15mins for a tea break and 5mins for going to the toilet).

Sorry for the late reply. Been manic.

I contacted a few firms and oddly a local chap I went to school with contacted me back via an FB posts i’d made on a local group.

Invited me along to a site to see how they do and how quickly. I was blown away. Biggest thing was the prep. The whole area was swept clean, measured twice and marked up. Rechecked again. Various lasers then setup. Then a cutting station setup. Proper team effort. Each time is checked over and sorted. The speed they did this amazing. In total 3/4 a day the house was done. They started at 7 and was in the van for 5. If the stud wall came off an external wall it was packed and fixed to it. All walls tied in top and bottom via the flooring and roof joists. Once the full wall was up they rechecked all measurements. There was very little mess as they had an impressive dust collector.

I was sold and convinced. Really solid, clean, and they just cracked on.

Having had the boss come round and gone over the brief ideas, concept of what I want doing he also believes a day to do the walls. Providing it’s a full clean slate which it will be.

Happy days. Now on to other things

Back
Top Bottom