Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
S2000s are great.. yea.. not biased ;)

He speaks the truth, I absolutely love mine and is probably one of the most fun and engaging cars I own but the different years do drive differently and alignment can also heavily impact how they drive. Mine has had a full bush refresh, Ohlins and alignment, plus air box mod and a bit of weight reduction and it’s one incredible car to drive hard, very hard but I’d only ever advice one as a weekend car as a daily they can get somewhat annoying.

3CC7FA35-AA63-46BD-9622-94945A010388.jpeg F729F9C9-48BE-4ABF-8D6C-A23C3F7DA8B9.jpeg F1588068-20EC-41A7-B08A-B49B06BBE85E.jpeg

Soldato
Saying goodbye to my ST over the coming weeks. Been a great car, really enjoyed it.

PXL-20210427-063534367-01.jpg

Deposit down on this one :) 2020 Mégane RS300 Trophy

Screenshot-20210428-155044-2.png

Screenshot-20210428-155055-2.png

Will snap a few shots of my own when collected! Looking around 10th of May as they have a minor touch up to do before we take it away

Don
He speaks the truth, I absolutely love mine and is probably one of the most fun and engaging cars I own but the different years do drive differently and alignment can also heavily impact how they drive. Mine has had a full bush refresh, Ohlins and alignment, plus air box mod and a bit of weight reduction and it’s one incredible car to drive hard, very hard but I’d only ever advice one as a weekend car as a daily they can get somewhat annoying

I used mine daily for 3 years. Can attest to this.
Ears used to be ringing after a long motorway run.

Soldato
Saying goodbye to my ST over the coming weeks. Been a great car, really enjoyed it.

PXL-20210427-063534367-01.jpg

Deposit down on this one :) 2020 Mégane RS300 Trophy

Screenshot-20210428-155044-2.png

Screenshot-20210428-155055-2.png

Will snap a few shots of my own when collected! Looking around 10th of May as they have a minor touch up to do before we take it away
Hope you have plenty of money left for petrol ;) heavy right foot in these is sub 20MPG! You will want to drive it all the time as well.....!

Soldato
I've never been into S2000s but the more I see yours, the more I like them.

Haha, yes seeing your car history I'd say my Toyota crown is more up your road.. I do love the s2k as a weekend car especially, it's a completely different experience and I'd say takes some getting used to when you get in.

He speaks the truth, I absolutely love mine and is probably one of the most fun and engaging cars I own but the different years do drive differently and alignment can also heavily impact how they drive. Mine has had a full bush refresh, Ohlins and alignment, plus air box mod and a bit of weight reduction and it’s one incredible car to drive hard, very hard but I’d only ever advice one as a weekend car as a daily they can get somewhat annoying.

Agreed re daily driving, I used to drive mine daily through the summer when the offices were open and it was good fun but also very compromised in a lot of ways.. I prefer it as a weekend car, simply end up appreciating more for what it is.

I thought they were always popular on here, it was just me with my old man taste in cars that didn’t like them :p

S2000s and Honda's in general get a lot of hate in the car community, slow, small engine etc etc people get extremely salty about them for some reason. Oh and it's a convertible.. the number of times I was asked why I'd ever take the hardtop off is insane :D

Soldato
Hope you have plenty of money left for petrol ;) heavy right foot in these is sub 20MPG! You will want to drive it all the time as well.....!

Uh oh!

;)

I must admit that's not really something I had given much thought to, once I saw the car in person I don't think I would be able to change my mind for something more... Sensible :D

Should be ok, tbh I don't do a ton of miles and hammering will be kept low key as it's also to be used with the kids.

But I'll be nipping out to do random stuff more than usual I bet, go 7 towns over to get milk

Soldato
I used mine daily for 3 years. Can attest to this.
Ears used to be ringing after a long motorway run.
I use my Sony XM3s for any journey over an hour or so in the 4C. You can tune the noise cancelling in app to cut out the exhaust/tyre noise but keep other stuff, works well. Makes a huge difference to how exhausted you are by the end of the journey. It's about 82dB in there on motorway, bit much!

Soldato
Re S2000, not only does it drive and handle incredibly well, engine, gear change, seating position, weight balance. Plus Honda reliability.

For a car first released 22 years ago, it still looks amazing.

Associate
I've had 3 S2000's in the past. Used to daily drive them, one did about 30k miles mostly on my B road commute - roof down whenever it wasn't raining too heavily :D trip to Italy for the F1 at monza too, great fun in the alps. Sold it for more than I paid with the market going up also. One was an eBay auction buy which I stupidly sold when split up with my wife to buy a more practical car (the practicality I used once or twice before I moved that on...)

The facelift I had felt a lot more planted but less playful as a result

Man of Honour
Since we are talking about Honda's, here's my FD2.

IMG-2939.jpg

I keep thinking about changing it for an S2000 or something else entirely, but then I drive it and remember just how bloody good it is.

Soldato
Haha, yes seeing your car history I'd say my Toyota crown is more up your road.. I do love the s2k as a weekend car especially, it's a completely different experience and I'd say takes some getting used to when you get in.
Yes, the Crown is lovely. I've ridden in a few of them in Hong Kong and enjoyed the experience, even though they were nowhere near as nice as yours.

Soldato
A few nights away in the caravan. Only staying local as wife is at work and daughter at school tomorrow.

AYGO soon to be replaced by an ID3 whenever they make their mind up on delivery date...

A57761v.jpg

Man of Honour
Love these. Would be a good 'daily' but would never drive it in the winter. Keep it, as it will only go up in value!
I don’t see how it would be a good daily driver. The suspension is harsh, there isn’t much in the way of sound deadening, there’s not much power at all unless you rag it and the interior is very simple.

Back
Top Bottom