*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
That as long the person has a fast enough wireless connection

I myself doesn't have Wi-FI 6 yet ;)
Neither do I but Airlink is a huge improvement for me over VD which I cannot for the life of me get working consistently. It may have something to do with the Wifi 6 card on my motherboard and not using a dedicated router.

Soldato
Soldato
Was excited by "Doom 3 in VR on your Oculus Quest - Blast your way through Hell!" until I saw "not BFG edition" :(

I own the original disks for it (somewhere) and bought the BFG version on Steam at a later date. Now I need to buy it for a third time to play with a VR mod?

It's been on sale for a couple of pounds so it's not really a big issue to buy it again to get the latest patched files that you need.

Associate
Got the update.

Only tried 120hz mode in Cubism but any difference over 90hz is barely perceptible tbh.

Also no difference in display clarity and no difference in 'God rays' on the oculus startup screen, as I read in another post.

Not tried airlink yet.

Soldato
I think the V28 update may have borked the photo/video viewer in the share feature. I can still record images and video but an unable to view them in the Q2. could someone check to confirm this is the case?
The files be viewed through the PC if needed.

Last edited:
Soldato
So my elite strap just 6 weeks old has a crack in it. Almost 90% across and will probably snap if I put it on.

Got it from currys so not sure they will allow a refund. Going to contact their customer services. What's an alternative strap?

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks. Is it comfortable?? Any issues?

well so far currys webchat have said can't exchange or refund as over 30 days. Have to call customer services tomorrow. Apparently if I go through oculus it takes weeks/months ....

Oculus have said they'll replace any cracked straps within two years of purchase. Got nothing to lose by contacting them.

However the retailer should replace as your contract is with them. It's a known issue, so they can't claim abuse caused it.

Soldato
I think the V28 update may have borked the photo/video viewer in the share feature. I can still record images and video but an unable to view them in the Q2. could someone check to confirm this is the case?
The files be viewed through the PC if needed.

[Bump] Anyone else having this issue?

Back
Top Bottom