*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Think you need to do a factory reset on your headset.

Yep, it's a bit pants having to do a factory reset with any and every little issue. Fortunately I've only had the one app/game to re-install.

I suppose for those that are screaming out for the latest and greatest updates, a factory reset will get you the latest software instead of waiting for it in the ether.

Soldato
Yep, it's a bit pants having to do a factory reset with any and every little issue. Fortunately I've only had the one app/game to re-install.

I suppose for those that are screaming out for the latest and greatest updates, a factory reset will get you the latest software instead of waiting for it in the ether.

Unfortunately, no, a factory reset doesn't guarantee you will get the latest update on reboot. I know a few people who tried it to try and get the V28 update quickly.

Associate
Anybody bought Star Wars Pinball yet?

As far as I know there isn't a Rift version, just Quest or Steam (but not sure if there is any difference?).

If the Steam version is better due to PC power I'll prob go for this and run via VD or Air, but if Quest version same might as well get the standalone version.

Associate
Anybody bought Star Wars Pinball yet?

As far as I know there isn't a Rift version, just Quest or Steam (but not sure if there is any difference?).

If the Steam version is better due to PC power I'll prob go for this and run via VD or Air, but if Quest version same might as well get the standalone version.

Going by the reviews the clarity on the Quest 2 version is horrible.

Soldato
Steam version it is then!

Steam version is basically the same Quest graphics unfortunately, though it is clearer as it's not downsampled like the Quest, but it's not as good as previous PinballFX games in terms of graphics.
The devs just patched the Steam version with a sharpness slider which makes a big difference to the clarity.

Soldato
I tried Star Wars Pinball on the Quest 2 via Airlink, and it's one of the few games that does look better on the Quest 2 wirelessly than on the Index native.
With the new sharpening option it's pretty clear and sharp. It's still not as nice graphically as PinballFX2, but it's acceptable and it's a really fun game.

Soldato
Made by same people who made Blaston (very good). Quite active on discord, developers regularly respond to questions in there. Fingers crossed turns out decent. It's also crossplay with PCVR , PC (non vr) and playstation VR. So should be quite active.

Soldato
Hmmm... I need to see how the native Quest version compares with the Steam PC one. I'll probably go Steam because I can use Airlink anyway on Quest.

Back
Top Bottom