Post Your Garden!

Associate
Like I'd have to dispose of the pallet and get it into my back garden somehow.

Maybe just gonna leave it as it is and reseed it after digging and get some lawn food.
People always seem to want a pallet for something, and Id rather be left with a reusable bulk bag than dozens of plastic ones. But thats just me.

Associate
People always seem to want a pallet for something, and Id rather be left with a reusable bulk bag than dozens of plastic ones. But thats just me.

No the topsoil companies all say it comes on a pallet and can only be left kerbside and its all my responibility.

So I would have to get 950 kg of soil into my back garden from the pavement then get rid of the pallet.

I will just dump my composter full of shredded cardboard and weed clippings instead, but that will take at least 3 months to make any soil.

Associate
I did it with 2 bulk bags of stones and 1 of topsoil, and no wheelbarrow. Took a while though but at least I had a drive to leave it on. If your only option is leaving it on the street then thats not practical.

Soldato
Make sure you are 100% happy with where you put it, as it'll be an absolute nightmare/close to impossible to move once it has a bit of a weight into it.

Soldato
I'm away a few days over the weekend so was planning to put the MiracleGro on the grass (weed and feed I think?). Do you guys recommend picking up a spreader for these? Or just throw it by hand? Is the staining on clothes really that bad as my daughter plays on the grass?

Soldato
I'm away a few days over the weekend so was planning to put the MiracleGro on the grass (weed and feed I think?). Do you guys recommend picking up a spreader for these? Or just throw it by hand? Is the staining on clothes really that bad as my daughter plays on the grass?
I've always used a spreader to ensure an even distribution. Much better finish that by hand which is often very patchy IME.

Associate
Work in progress

Not finished just yet, the slabs have only been cut, a few are slightly different colours so they needs replacing, then need laying (this weekend).

xL5wUkJ.jpg

xp2J12R.jpg

Nzy0g5y.jpg

Back
Top Bottom