**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Great first round, thought it would go longer and eventually to Mazvidal.

Brutal KO in the end though Mazvidal should have covered up at that point (Usman's jab) surely rather than try and counter.

Just seen the replay of Weidman's leg break, Dana White has posted it. Oh my god, he stands on it afterwards. That is nasty.

Why are all these people in the crowd risking lives ?
Out of interest, when do you think it would be appropriate not to have to wear masks indoors any longer?

Last edited:
Soldato
Great first round, thought it would go longer and eventually to Mazvidal.

Brutal KO in the end though Mazvidal should have covered up at that point (Usman's jab) surely rather than try and counter.

Just seen the replay of Weidman's leg break, Dana White has posted it. Oh my god, he stands on it afterwards. That is nasty.

Out of interest, when do you think it would be appropriate not to have to wear masks indoors any longer?

I follow what big Dana decides. Shame there is no UK version of Dana.

What a show though, plenty stoppages for a comeback event so to speak.

Soldato
That was probably one of the best UFC cards in a long time.

All 3 title fights were excellent, as well as the 2 others as well.

The irony of Weidmans leg break is it was nearly the same as the one that happened to Anderson Silva. It'll be interesting if Silva reaches out to him.

Ok, looks like Silva already did;

https://www.instagram.com/p/COE62W6gU30/

My deepest and most sincere sentiments champ. Have faith, I wish you a speedy recovery. In this moment I wish you and your family light, love and knowledge. To the fans of the sport, please respect this moment of this incredible warrior and let's wish that he is 100% very recovered soon. May God bless you and your family @chrisweidman

Soldato
Just finished watching last night's card - wow on every level!

I couldn't bring myself to re-watch Weidman's leg break - I remember watching the fight against Silva with a few mates and literally 30 seconds before it happened I said something along the lines of that I was surprised that more legs weren't broken from shin kicks!!

Amazing event, we just need a carbon copy of Usman's KO against Colby now!!! :D

Soldato
Night Night :)

Poor-Angelic-Hornbill-size-restricted.gif

Spiffy-Lean-Calf-size-restricted.gif

Soldato
yeah - I nearly spewed up my toast as I watched it this morning without any idea what had happened to Weidman. Horrible as he stepped back and it just crumpled.....
  • Shevchenko looks a beast and really has no challengers at the moment. I don't think she wants anything to do with Nunes again however if that fight was made again.
  • Would happily see Rose v Zhang again - that's got more to come from it. Stoppage was fine in my books - she wasn't "out" but she wasn't intelligently defending herself
  • Usman wrecks Colby again if they meet....Every fibre in my body would detest Colby as "champ"

Soldato
The irony for Jorge was if he’d respected Usman’s striking the fight was very much on for him this time and he had a great first round. He was lazy, sloppy and got slept for it in what is likely the last title shot he’ll ever get - That’s the sort of thing that will leave you dead inside for ages.

Did NOT expect Rose to finish that fight so quickly. I know Zhang was upset but she can’t complain when you rewatch it.

Valentina once again showed how basically nobody else in the UFC bar Nunes can touch her but she has the misfortune of having a significant size disadvantage against her - I know she wants another crack but it’ll probably be a decision again.

That leg break was brutal, not how you wanna see a fight go.

Associate
Great fights all round. Imagine the sound of those knockouts in an empty arena!

Also I bet a few fighters will be thinking twice about working those calf or low kicks now.

Tea Drinker
Don
JR was chatting the other day on his mma podcast about leg kicks and they were discussing how to make them illegal.

Doesn’t seem to be doing anyone any favours including the fans. Could be career ending injuries there.

Soldato
JR was chatting the other day on his mma podcast about leg kicks and they were discussing how to make them illegal.

Doesn’t seem to be doing anyone any favours including the fans. Could be career ending injuries there.
I presume that was the Wondeboy one? Not listened to it yet however I can't see how they could outlaw them while still allowing an elbow to the eye. It's such a dominate tactic these days, hundreds are thrown every week and there have now been 3 leg breaks, its not like it happens regular.

Soldato
Incredible card. The Zhang KO was like a sniper shot

Lead leg round house to the head is such a difficult technique to get right, seriously impressive stuff imo.

When you watch leagues that don't allow low kicks you do tend to see more of the flashy techniques being thrown and also more sweeps. Personally, I'm not a fan of them and it may make for more interesting fights.

Back
Top Bottom