Post Your Garden!

Caporegime
What do most people edge their patios with?

I'm intending on having a border of gravel of some description for most of it, however some is going to be next to grass, so I'm presuming you'll also need an edge other wise it might be a small nightmare when it comes to mowing.

Soldato
What do most people edge their patios with?

I'm intending on having a border of gravel of some description for most of it, however some is going to be next to grass, so I'm presuming you'll also need an edge other wise it might be a small nightmare when it comes to mowing.
Artificial grass... ;)
I only mow grass when someone's paying me.

Caporegime
I know it gets a huge amount of hate, but with dogs that **** all over the garden it's much easier to look after. I mow enough grass at work so have no enthusiasm to do it at home. I can certainly appreciate a lovely garden though, Bug One's is stunning.

Fair enough if you're doing it all day :p

I'd rather gravel over artificial grass personally.

Soldato
I know it gets a huge amount of hate, but with dogs that **** all over the garden it's much easier to look after. I mow enough grass at work so have no enthusiasm to do it at home. I can certainly appreciate a lovely garden though, Bug One's is stunning.
Isn't that more of a reason not to have plastic? Feel a bit sick at the thought of hot dog mess on my plastic lawn.

Associate
The digging has been a lot easier than weeding as I don't need to bend down, and like I thought I mostly get to lean on the tools.

Finished about 2/3 of my garden in 2 days, I was expecting it to take a lot longer.

Should be able to finish loosening it all up tomorrow, I found that basically whatever is under the soil is completely uneven, theres deeper softer soil mostly in the middle, but the edges and pockets around the lawn have higher elevations of the rock base.

Stuff where I can lean on the tools I'm using and keep my eyes on my feet I'm ok with doing but not for super long (like 30 mins at a time). Putting T Shirts on a shelf makes me collapse.

But also while doing other normal things like my normal cooking, I am having elevated levels of lightheadedness and peeling like I'm about to collapse, so if I was having to do it all day long the falls would likely have come back.

Soldato
Soldato
It also seems like its still too cold to reseed yet, had a small bout of light snow earlier today or yesterday (cant remember exactly when it was). Just gives me more time to go over the soil a few times.

I had my lawn scarified hard 4 weeks ago and have been waiting for the weather to change warmer.......

I keep on looking at the forecast for overseeding my lawn and it keeps changing to be optimistic the week later to then when it gets closer it has lows of 1s and 2s..... According to the forecast in the North its supposed to Hail/Sleet shower on Thursday so i am wondering if i should call it off for another week!!!!!!!!!!!!! So frustrating........

Do you all think throwing the seed down tomorrow with a chance of lows of 1 and 2 would cause issues for my overseeding grass?

Caporegime
I had my lawn scarified hard 4 weeks ago and have been waiting for the weather to change warmer.......

I keep on looking at the forecast for overseeding my lawn and it keeps changing to be optimistic the week later to then when it gets closer it has lows of 1s and 2s..... According to the forecast in the North its supposed to Hail/Sleet shower on Thursday so i am wondering if i should call it off for another week!!!!!!!!!!!!! So frustrating........

Do you all think throwing the seed down tomorrow with a chance of lows of 1 and 2 would cause issues for my overseeding grass?

I mean, you could cover it I guess

Soldato

My newly seeded lawn has been growing without issues and i live in the mountains of the welsh valleys…….

Soldato
My newly seeded lawn has been growing without issues and i live in the mountains of the welsh valleys…….

wow really nice one - have you had some cold mornings or frost?

I think I am just going to give it a go instead of keep on holding off.....

I can’t cover it as the front and back comes to around 550m2

Associate
Fortunately my back garden is only 30m2 and the front is less than a third of that.

Maybe 50-60m2 in total with the border.

I have no idea how people maintain massive gardens without paying others loads.

Soldato
wow really nice one - have you had some cold mornings or frost?

I think I am just going to give it a go instead of keep on holding off.....

I can’t cover it as the front and back comes to around 550m2
Last wednesday it was covered in snow……..and for 16 mornings in april it was covered in frost too

Back
Top Bottom