*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
It looks like in 14.6 tab management in Safari has finally been fixed. When looking at the tabs from my iPad on my iPhone, the phantom ones can now be closed. That bug had been open for ages.

Soldato
Just upgraded to 14.5 immediately I noticed that my display is about 20-30% lower in brightness despite the brightness being turned up full. Turning True Tone off or on makes no difference. The brightness bar does nothing from about 40-100%.

iPhone mini 12.

If you go into Settings > Accessibility > Display and Text Size, at the bottom there is a reduce white point, what happens if you toggle this on and off? I had this once and doing this step seemed to reset the brightness. Worth a shot

Soldato
Well, the new podcasts app is a pile of trash. Can no longer view a list of all episodes on the current one I’m listen to. Had to completely change apps.

Soldato
Yep haven't used the apple app for podcasts for years, currently using spotify as my car runs android and it has a native spotify app so always good to have it in sync

Soldato
I changed to Overcast years ago. It’s far better.

So much better, been saying that for year. Sync amazing. It so strange that Apple can't get to grips with the podcast app, 90% of the podcasts I listen to have ads for other podcasts on apple podcasts.

Even if they did get it spot on, I'd probably not bother changing to it.

Associate
Strangely enough, I’ve noticed the sync between devices to be better since the update, especially when going from iPhone to Apple TV.

New Podcast app update took a little while to get used to but everything is working as it should now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I noticed my battery life is shocking after updating to 14.5.1.

Will give it a few days and maybe do a reset if there’s no improvement.

Soldato
14.5 and then 14.5.1 has absolutely destroyed my 2018 iPad Pro's battery life. I can watch the percentage go down.
I don't use any social media/messaging apps, but do have it on VPN constantly. My usage pattern has not changed, but feel like I'm going to have to wipe and start from scratch.
Plenty of complaints about it. Seems like Apple's testing is still as flaky as ever!

Soldato
14.5 and then 14.5.1 has absolutely destroyed my 2018 iPad Pro's battery life. I can watch the percentage go down.
I don't use any social media/messaging apps, but do have it on VPN constantly. My usage pattern has not changed, but feel like I'm going to have to wipe and start from scratch.
Plenty of complaints about it. Seems like Apple's testing is still as flaky as ever!
14.x killed my Iphone 7 completely and not even a restore\reset fixed it.

was fine before I was on IOS 13.x. The battery health has dropped over 10% and I was hardly using the phone as I work from home now.

Either way its been replaced now and not with a Apple device so it will go sit in a draw somewhere

Soldato
14.x killed my Iphone 7 completely and not even a restore\reset fixed it.

was fine before I was on IOS 13.x. The battery health has dropped over 10% and I was hardly using the phone as I work from home now.

Either way its been replaced now and not with a Apple device so it will go sit in a draw somewhere

That should still run it no bother. I guess the battery has had its day though, have you tried replacing it?

My 2017 ipad is still fine, I haven't really noticed a significant change in the battery life. I'm on it all the time and haven't noticed a fall.

Back
Top Bottom