PC Games to test on New 3080 PC

Associate
Hi All,

I have a new Alienware 3080 / AMD 5900x PC arriving next week. This will replace my near 10 year old Dell XPS desktop. I am going to pair the new PC with a 43" ROG STRIX XG43UQ monitor.

I have always been a console gamer, but now that I have this beast arriving soon wanted to get recommendations for games to test on my new PC / monitor. I am more into amazing visuals and 4K gaming rather than super-high frame rates, so I was thinking Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077. Any other must have PC games?

Soldato
Metro Exodus
Red Dead Redemption 2
Witcher 3
Visage(very good gfx for horror game)
Resident Evil 2 remake.
Kingdom Come Deliverance

Associate
Welcome to the PC Master Race =)

As others have said above Metro Exodus (Enhanced edition releases 6th of May, and you can get the base game via Humble Bundle in May https://www.humblebundle.com/), Witcher 3, Control Ultimate Edition etc

If you want some extra ray tracing games to play on your rig, Quake 2 RTX / Amid Evil are good use of the tech and scratch that retro FPS itch. Minecraft RTX is also going to show off the tech nicely.

Associate
OP
Horizon Zero Dawn.
Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Dying Light.
Ori and the Blind Forest.

Do you already have the monitor?

If not, cancel it and buy an ultrawide one.
Best PC purchase I have made, ever.

I have pre ordered the monitor with Overclockers. I seriously considered an ultrawide, specifically the Samsung Odyssey G9 - however the 2021 mini led model. However not sure when that is coming out, also don't think its hdmi 2.1 and not 4K. Which is why I ended up ordering the ROG Strix XG43UQ

Soldato
I have pre ordered the monitor with Overclockers. I seriously considered an ultrawide, specifically the Samsung Odyssey G9 - however the 2021 mini led model. However not sure when that is coming out, also don't think its hdmi 2.1 and not 4K. Which is why I ended up ordering the ROG Strix XG43UQ

I honestly wouldn't go back to a 16:9 resolution for gaming, ever, given a choice.

UW gaming is just so much better, it really is.

Soldato
Cyberpunk with ultra RT is the best-looking game I've ever seen but it also heats up those RT cores on the 3080. Putting my hard next to the card at stock was akin to a hairdryer, best to undervolt.

Soldato
As others said Cyberpunk with RT on. Though bare in mind it will absolutely cripple even the 3080 at 4k without DLSS on if you max everything else on your FPS will be under 30 at times so get DLSS on also. Various guides out to help with ideal settings to use. Digital Foundry did a decent guide.

Back
Top Bottom