Race report: 'UK not deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities'

Caporegime
But we arent those countries.

Correct and a jolly good job too!

In a world of relatively as opposed to absolutes, being one of the best is a positive sign. Its not perfect but can you give me a real world example of perfection on this front?

If we champion the best examples we can lead others, rather than attempting to incriminate all the uk citizens while ignoring what is happening elsewhere.

Caporegime
Whatabouterey; we should be praised for not being as racist as America :confused:

Off the top of my head I think of "No Blacks, no Irish, no dogs", the "Black and White Minstrels Show" and of course, the infamous "Rivers of blood" speech :rolleyes:

I didnt compare us directly to the US but on that report we are the least racist country of the EU countries in the study (except for malta) and therefore probably in the world too.

I didnt say we were perfect but we are extremely progressive.

Soldato
Correct and a jolly good job too!

In a world of relatively as opposed to absolutes, being one of the best is a positive sign. Its not perfect but can you give me a real world example of perfection on this front?

If we champion the best examples we can lead others, rather than attempting to incriminate all the uk citizens while ignoring what is happening elsewhere.
But most of the images you post and the stories you tell, suggest to me that you would rather we were like those countries. So I cant see that you would get any pleasure in the fact we (some of us atleast) arent as racist as some other countries.

Caporegime
Thats right, the uk has some if the lowest values of racism compared to EU countries and the world.

Its not perfect, I dont know if it can be but we are working towards it. But how are we treated for this?

Are we praised for being ahead of the curve?
The usual suspects here will never be happy. Never.

They see racists and racism everywhere. The UK is filled with racist boogeymen. The rage is eternal :p

The rest of us will just have to carry on, being content that actually we're doing OK. Plenty of black people (etc) have said the problem is overblown and in parts imagined. But that will never be accepted by the usual suspects, who must see racism and racists everywhere to have the satisfaction of being morally superior to the rest of us.

Caporegime
But most of the images you post and the stories you tell, suggest to me that you would rather we were like those countries. So I cant see that you would get any pleasure in the fact we (some of us atleast) arent as racist as some other countries.

Not at all, I said its hypocrisy because we are so far ahead of those countries yet people from those countries would attack our statues or police etc while doing nothing to change other countries that are much worse.

As I say I'm glad we are so far ahead of the curve. Are you not?

Soldato
Not at all, I said its hypocrisy because we are so far ahead of those countries yet people from those countries would attack our statues or police etc while doing nothing to change other countries that are much worse.

As I say I'm glad we are so far ahead of the curve. Are you not?
Why is it hypocrisy? They dont live in those countries any more they live in this one. What about the people that can trace their 'white englishness' back centuries, are they allowed to protest?
Plenty of black people (etc) have said the problem is overblown and in parts imagined. But that will never be accepted by the usual suspects, who must see racism and racists everywhere to have the satisfaction of being morally superior to the rest of us.
It is certainly overblown for some but what will never be accepted by people like you is that racism is still a fairly big problem for some in the UK and it is growing and many want it to be acceptable in public again.

Soldato
I think we have to try and keep on topic. The thread is about systematic racism, i.e. if you're black you can't get a job because of a general attitude against hiring black people.

I've never met anyone like this. I've met some nutcases over the years, including racist skinheads. But these people are the exception, that is why when they appear people are shocked that such people exist.

I can't help but think that this whole systematic racism idea, with no actual proof, is part of the plan to get ethnic minority people (mainly black people) blaming all their problems on someone else. Whereas white people are told not to blame others for their problems and get on with it. Maybe white people feel that is a rough attitude. But it does encourage white people to work harder. While if you're a black person being told the system is against you then why bother trying?

I think some (white) folks have an imperialistic mind set and feel guilty about it so project it on to other people. Why are you discouraging black people from working? I'm white and I don't know any 'secret' network of white people all working to keep other races out of work.

Telling black people that they can't get anywhere because they are black, with no evidence, is racist in itself.

Yes there is racism/discrimination in every part of the world. No country is immune to it because it is part of our genetic make-up, just like any creature in the world. Racism begins to disappear when people aren't put down, degraded or forced to integrate. When people can feel secure in who they are, whatever cards they are dealt with in life. That is when we see past superficial characteristics. I've only once ever been in an all white social group, when I was in the US for a holiday. In my part of England we have people from all races and cultures. Everyone is doing their thing.

Man of Honour
The usual suspects here will never be happy. Never.

They see racists and racism everywhere. The UK is filled with racist boogeymen. The rage is eternal :p

The rest of us will just have to carry on, being content that actually we're doing OK. Plenty of black people (etc) have said the problem is overblown and in parts imagined. But that will never be accepted by the usual suspects, who must see racism and racists everywhere to have the satisfaction of being morally superior to the rest of us.

What would you say about the black people (for example) who say the complete opposite?

What makes the people saying it's overblown/imagined more valid than the ones who say the situation is widespread and mostly ignored?

Soldato
I think we have to try and keep on topic. The thread is about systematic racism, i.e. if you're black you can't get a job because of a general attitude against hiring black people.
No thats not what it is all about and that might explain why some of you dont/cant get it.

Thats a bit like saying disability is all about access to public buildings.
I can't help but think that this whole systematic racism idea, with no actual proof, is part of the plan to get ethnic minority people (mainly black people) blaming all their problems on someone else. Whereas white people are told not to blame others for their problems and get on with it. Maybe white people feel that is a rough attitude. But it does encourage white people to work harder. While if you're a black person being told the system is against you then why bother trying?

I think some (white) folks have an imperialistic mind set and feel guilty about it so project it on to other people. Why are you discouraging black people from working? I'm white and I don't know any 'secret' network of white people all working to keep other races out of work.

Telling black people that they can't get anywhere because they are black, with no evidence, is racist in itself.

Yes there is racism/discrimination in every part of the world. No country is immune to it because it is part of our genetic make-up, just like any creature in the world. Racism begins to disappear when people aren't put down, degraded or forced to integrate. When people can feel secure in who they are, whatever cards they are dealt with in life. That is when we see past superficial characteristics. I've only once ever been in an all white social group, when I was in the US for a holiday. In my part of England we have people from all races and cultures. Everyone is doing their thing.
WOW.

Soldato
I don’t think being praised for being a bit less racist than someone else is warranted. It’s not something that is likely ever to be worthy of praise, it should just be the done thing which it unfortunately isn’t.

Isn't that the entire farcical point to this, In the UK it very much has just been 'the done thing' for a long time now, the level of actual racism is at a level that's almost within the noise. Of course, we should never stop reinforcing that anything other than equal treatment is not tolerated and that is the key, equal treatment/opportunity helps everyone, it removes race and other group identities and focuses on the issues where they lie..

All lives matter, and everyone deserves to be treated equally and without any discrimination.. what helps one will help all..

BTW, if you think that's being dismissive, think again.. where we have 'statistical problems' we need to focus on them, but just jumping on things through a coloured lens of racism is not going to actually help solve the issues.. I mean we should be also helping white male school children that are also failing as well as helping certain ethnic groups who are struggling with health issues etc..

Soldato
No thats not what it is all about and that might explain why some of you dont/cant get it.

Thats a bit like saying disability is all about access to public buildings.WOW.

The question is about systematic racism.. not racism itself.

I assume by your replies that you think there is systematic racism? If so, give a real life example? i.e. not of racism. But of systematic racism.

Soldato
Imagine the Government one day actually put a statement out saying "Yes you are right we are all racist, so what deal with it." What would the reaction be?
But that is basicaly what they have done.

That is what their 'culture war' is all about.
The question is about systematic racism.. not racism itself.

I assume by your replies that you think there is systematic racism? If so, give a real life example? i.e. not of racism. But of systematic racism.
Jesus Bowdon have you been asleep for the last few months?

How about you read some of the stuff that argues against the latest race report?

Caporegime
How about you read some of the stuff that argues against the latest race report?
Yes, most of us have.

To date, it's mostly been along the lines of, "Different outcomes for black (etc) people prove systemic racism in every field where outcomes differ in any way at all."

Which is so flawed many of us have stopped taking such statements and such organisations seriously.

Apparently black people being more affected by Covid means the NHS is racist (etc).

It's a lot of 1+1=27.8342.

Soldato
Yes, most of us have.

To date, it's mostly been along the lines of, "Different outcomes for black (etc) people prove systemic racism in every field where outcomes differ in any way at all."

Which is so flawed many of us have stopped taking such statements and such organisations seriously.

Apparently black people being more affected by Covid means the NHS is racist (etc).

It's a lot of 1+1=27.8342.
No thats just how you read things that you dont like. You sound like a child that has been told to eat their greens.

This may give you a better understanding.

https://bsac.org.uk/covid-19-how-in...deadly-racism-at-the-heart-of-our-healthcare/

Back
Top Bottom