BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
it should be. Rock up to a dealer during the week if you can, chances are you'll have a choice of salesman and ask lots of good questions. Have a play around on the BMW configurator and see what options you like. I'd also have a look through babybmw.net at some other m135i's and the colour options available.

Awesome, I'll check it out as I've never heard of that site before. i presume I just take my license with me and I guess my insurance documents/deposit for the test drive? I have no idea why but the idea of asking for a test drive seems a bit cheeky even though I know it isn't.

Caporegime
Awesome, I'll check it out as I've never heard of that site before. i presume I just take my license with me and I guess my insurance documents/deposit for the test drive? I have no idea why but the idea of asking for a test drive seems a bit cheeky even though I know it isn't.
The dealer will have Trade plates they will put on the car so their insurance covers you. You're supposed to be limited to 50mph with them on though.

Soldato
No, totally different car built on the 1 Series platform. I actually quite like the new 1 series platform and don't have the issue with it some BMW fans do but the styling of the 2 Series Gran Coupe is just strange :p

It'll be a great car, just don't look at it :D
I'm not one to judge, I want a panamera:cry:. I just thought size wise it's going to be the same size as a 3/4 Series.

Soldato
If it means upsetting Fox I am quite happy to chip in towards buying one of these, even if we just park it outside his house. We'll make sure to put the M stickers on it, black wheels and a number plate slogan reading "The Ultimate Driving Machine".

Soldato
No, totally different car built on the 1 Series platform. I actually quite like the new 1 series platform and don't have the issue with it some BMW fans do but the styling of the 2 Series Gran Coupe is just strange :p

It'll be a great car, just don't look at it :D
Correct, also the platform for the Mini. It's correct name is BMW UKL2 I believe..

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm genuinely worried I'm going to end up with an Audi at this rate.

Thought of you yesterday - I saw a dark blue G30, but the owner had put red trim on the front bumper, wings, and side skirts like you get on the 128ti, and a wonky M5 badge on the back. It had black wheels as well - don't think I've ever seen such a modern BMW so comprehensively ruined.

Associate
Do I need to keep my head down in here as I've a series 2 gran coupe m235i coming in June?

Eek. I am looking to order a M235i as well. Knew they were not to everyone’s taste. How long is your wait between ordering and delivery? I am trying to time my delivery with my current PCP ending. Waiting to see storm bay grey in the flesh, as it is a choice between that and red. However I am after a magma red interior and think it would clash with the exterior being red as they are not the same shade.

Although seeing all the divided opinions on the 2 series GC I did spec up a 340i on the BMW website. Which was a mistake as I thought I had decided what I was going to order.

Man of Honour
Although seeing all the divided opinions on the 2 series GC I did spec up a 340i on the BMW website. Which was a mistake as I thought I had decided what I was going to order.
If the M340i is within budget then this would be the all round better car? (Assuming same options)

Caporegime
Eek. I am looking to order a M235i as well. Knew they were not to everyone’s taste. How long is your wait between ordering and delivery? I am trying to time my delivery with my current PCP ending. Waiting to see storm bay grey in the flesh, as it is a choice between that and red. However I am after a magma red interior and think it would clash with the exterior being red as they are not the same shade.

I'd think having Melbourne would make the interior look more orange if anything? Might not be a good look.

Associate
The M340i touring G21 is a tremendous car. It is often said about the 3 series touring, that it is all the car you need! the M340i takes it to another level. Decent noise and excellent performance with lots of space and toys.

We have a M340i touring and a 128ti (and an M140i!!! we like BMWs!). I have been very impressed after many BMWs in the family. The looks of the 128ti are divisive and we kept the red trim on our white one, but it does stand out in a good way.

Caporegime
Had a trip to the local dealer today to have a look, no 128ti to look at and had a devil of a time finding a mineral grey to look at too. I'd say half the cars were black in the showroom. How depressing! I had to look at the approved used to find a Misano Blue and Mineral Grey and the blue really popped in the natural light whereas the grey I thought looked very flat. So I've changed my mind again and decided on Misano Blue, sun protection glass, standard seats, H&K sound system and Adaptive LED lights having watched a video of them online.

Oh and exterior styling delete. I don't think it looks good on the blue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom