Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Soldato
OP
Yep, as above. It's to avoid any confusion on my part especially if you enter the same beer for multiple weeks.
Subject line should make it obvious but its a just in case.

Soldato
OP
I've emailed A-C, need a beer for D although I know what beer I want. Then got them all till M.
I now bickaxe isn't posting photos of all beers but I assume most members will be?

People are free to post pics, review their beer etc... and even justify their terrible choices. Its all about enjoying it and maybe even learning or trying something different.

Soldato
I now bickaxe isn't posting photos of all beers but I assume most members will be?

I'm guessing that he's still going to post a list of which beers people have entered?
There's no need for the photos in that case - in fact, half the time I can't even tell what a beer is from the photos anyway so text would be more useful. Modern artistic labels don't always have the name of the beer on it (and sometimes no text at all) so if you don't recognise it you won't know what it is.

Soldato
Ah dammit, i forgot the untapped bonus point scoring. I don't think mine is actually rated very well :(

It's stupid to rush out now to look for an alternative right?

It's just whether his friends have checked in with it or not... I think?! So doesn't matter if it's **** water. In fact the worse the beer the more likely a bonus point :cool:

Associate
What's the rules for the country rounds? Does it need to actually be brewed in the listed country?
For example, is Budweiser considered an American beer because it's an American brand or not because the Budweiser we get over here isn't actually brewed in America?

*No, I'm not going to drink or enter Budweiser, just using it as a well-known example.

I remember a few years ago when I participated this was an issue, I can't remember who ran it back then but they accepted Carling as a UK beer, even though the company was founded in Canada and wasn't sold in the UK until over 100 years later. I kinda lost interest after that.

It's good to be clear with the country specifics before starting, but that was a bit of a mental decision in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom